$125-150k plus bonus
CPA and prior public accounting experience required
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been retained to find our client’s next Controller. This a great opportunity to join an established leader in their industry who has experienced and is poised for strong growth. In this role, you will lead the Accounting staff and will shape the department for the future.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the general accounting function. This position will lead a team of three staff accountants and oversee and coordinate the quarterly and annual budgeting processes, monthly financial reporting, daily cash management, office and equipment lease administration, property, sales, and use and corporate tax filings and ongoing general ledger reconciliation and maintenance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Plans and supervises the work of the staff accountant team. Provides training and mentoring and prepares annual evaluations.
· Ensures timely, accurate, and meaningful preparation of monthly financial reports.
· Leads the quarterly and annual budget review process including setting the timeline, coordinating with individual department leaders, compiling the data, and reviewing supporting schedules.
- Directs completion and review of daily cash balancing and monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Proficient in the company’s financial reporting software including knowledge of system functionality and the ability to create meaningful and useful reports.
· Oversees accounting for office, equipment, and furniture leases.
· Tracks and reports on debt covenant compliance.
· Directs preparation and reviews industry survey requests.
· Coordinates the administration of the annual attorney compensation process.
· Ensures timely filing of property and sales and use taxes.
- Coordinates the annual financial statement audit and preparation of corporate tax filings.
· Performs accounting research when necessary.
· Participates in special projects as required.
· Promotes quality customer service standards to internal and external customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required, CPA designation preferred
· 8+ years relevant accounting experience, combined public accounting, and private industry experience preferred
· Prior management experience required
· Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· A multi-tasker who can effectively manage “several balls in the air” at once and handle peak workflow demands in a fluid environment
· Experienced developer of effective teams
· Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and strong operational focus
· Well organized, detail-oriented and self-directed
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Committed and strong work ethic
· Accepts and fosters a positive outlook toward change
· Highest standards of honesty and integrity
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Apply at: http://www.bellsearchfirm.com/searchjobs-bell-associates.html
Bell & Associates, Inc.