$75 - $95K
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Our client has engaged Bell & Associates to help them find their next Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting the Plant Controller with financial responsibilities for the Chanute, KS Assembly Facility.
• Assisting with the supervision and training of all accounting staff including personnel who perform General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions.
• Work with operating departments on the proper use of ERP system functions for existing processes. Develop, in conjunction with other departments, improvements to ERP system processes.
• Development and oversight of accounting standard work and practices. Work with other site controllers on consistency and the implementation of new accounting processes.
• Integration of general accounting functions with MRP software - responsible for postings to the general ledger including journal entries, and reconciling accounts monthly including responsibility for accurate month-end and year-end closing procedures.
• Financial Statements – emphasis on timely and accurate assistance in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP including reporting package, intercompany and consolidation activity
• Treasury – assist with managing daily bank activity, reporting balances and fund transfers, etc.
• Bank reporting – assist with various bank reporting requirements
• Budgeting – assist with developing budgets and analyze and report performance activity measured against these targets
• Fixed Assets - maintain and report GAAP and tax information for fixed asset accounting records
• Profitability analysis – analyze, learn the business and determine profitability by business segment including training and explanation with internal managers regarding reports and analysis. Provide information for sales with gross margins by segment, customer, part number, etc.
• Cost accounting – ensure costing accuracy and use information to empower managers with business knowledge of costs by part for materials, labor, overhead and outside processing to be used for quoting new business, driving costs out of the business, etc.
• Inventory and Purchasing functions - Manage the physical inventories for raw materials, work in process and finished goods and establish cycle counting procedures that will maintain 99% accuracy. Ensure that inventory items are properly valued at the lower of cost or market. Determine adequacy of excess and obsolete inventory values.
• Production reporting and analysis - analyze, develop and report on various metrics to help drive performance in various business segments. This includes capacity planning, factory utilization and variance from standards.
• Establish and monitor internal control procedures
• Audit and Tax – assist with all audit and tax requirements as the business may experience
• Daily billing - oversee, analyze and assist with the accuracy of charges posted on the general ledger for both intercompany and external customers.
• Report writing – accurately download information from the MRP system and develop meaningful reports and analysis of activity.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary and assigned
• Hire, train, supervise and discipline staff as needed and directed
B.S. in Accounting with 3 - 5 years of business experience. Preferred areas of emphasis include:
• Cost accounting
• MRP system implementation
• Crystal Reports or equivalent
• Consolidating Financial Statements
• Previous Management experience
• Knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies, and processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems
• Knowledge of GAAP financial and accounting principles and internal control procedures
• Advanced skills in MS Office Excel, Access and Crystal Reports (or equivalent)
• The ability for multiple task management
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Skill in analyzing continuous quality improvement needs and opportunities and implementing responsive strategies and procedures.
• Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.