Accounting Manager $90-110k plus monthly bonus
Bell & Associates, Inc. Kansas City, MO
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$90-110k plus monthly bonus
KC, Dallas, or Des Moines
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will work under the supervision of the Assistant Controller to maintain records, general ledgers, and financial reports. This position will review and analyze financial statements, assist with budgeting, perform general bookkeeping, complex accounting activities, and financial analysis. In addition, he or she will ensure the integrity of accounting information by adjusting entries and rigorous analysis of system reports. The Accounting Manager is assigned to multiple divisions and is responsible for specialized familiarity with the operations and financial statements of the assigned divisions.
· Prepare and review monthly work papers and conduct reconciliations of GL accounts to subsidiary ledgers.
· Review, prepare, and maintain consolidated internal/external financial statements.
· Prepare accurate and timely financial statements.
· Record periodic transactions, including asset acquisitions/dispositions.
· Manage monthly bank reconciliation.
· Assists internal, contracted, and regulatory auditors in their examination of accounting records to ensure that auditors receive adequate information and interpretation for effective inspection of divisional records.
· Manage month-end close procedures and execution.
· Respond to accounting inquiries through research and interpretation of financial information.
· Prepare general journal entries as needed.
· Responsible for recording and maintaining Fixed Assets for the company, including recording monthly depreciation and annual Property Tax returns
· Prepares monthly and quarterly Sales/Use Tax returns for multiple states
· Year-end tax form (1099/1098) preparation for various business entities.
· Assist in annual budget preparation with requested financial information and analysis.
· Assist with development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
· Assist with furthering miscellaneous accounting and organizational objectives by completing related assignments as needed.
· Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
· Perform work regularly and predictably.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· 7+ years progressive accounting experience and financial statement preparation required.
· Superior analytical and problem-solving skills to review data and ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
· Ability to work discretely with confidential information.
· Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
· Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
· Working knowledge of accounting principles/internal controls and how to apply them.
· Working knowledge of GAAP and Financial Statement Reporting.
· Ability to work autonomously and independently while meeting deadlines through proper time management.
· Interpersonal communication skills to collaborate on assignments as needed.
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Apply at: http://www.bellsearchfirm.com/searchjobs-bell-associates.html
Bell & Associates, Inc.
AddressKansas City, MO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bell & Associates, Inc.