$100-120k plus 10% bonus & equity
Kansas City, MO
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Accounting Manager. Our client is growing and has received funding from multiple investors recently. This role will supervise 3 – the staff is young and motivated, so this person needs to be a mentor/strong leader. There will be a chance for future career growth as the company grows.
As the Accounting Manager, you will lead a team of talented professionals with a broad set of responsibilities across the accounting team and within the company. You will work both independently and collaboratively.
· Lead the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate results.
· Lead the team in successfully executing against close responsibilities during the period.
· Ensure an in-depth understanding of all accounting close processes in order to perform a thorough and accurate review of work completed so as to ensure transactions are recorded accurately in the general ledger.
· Prepare reconciliations and record journal entries as needed.
· Partner with CFO, Controller, and business partners to ensure all new business initiatives are recorded correctly in the general ledger.
· On a monthly basis, lead financial reporting of actual results with ownership.
· Build a monthly variance analysis report including commentary of actual results vs prior period and vs plan.
· Partner with FP&A and other colleagues to develop action-oriented insights for senior leadership.
· Distribute the monthly results to key partners including Marketing and Customer Service/Operations.
· Communicate to partners regarding questions/comments around actual results
· Proactively work on initiatives to shorten the close timeline and implement operational accounting efficiencies through process improvement, training, automation, and spreadsheet re-design.
· Take ownership of complex and new accounting processes, have an in-depth understanding of the Company’s revenue recognition and inventory accounting.
· Proactively work with other departments on new business initiatives; ensure financial statements reflect proper recognition of new business transactions in accordance with GAAP.
· Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze general ledger activity and reconciliations for discrepancies that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
· Prepare special reports and assist in special projects as assigned by Controller and management team.
· Manage successful execution of financial statement audit, by drafting financial statements, managing PBCs, preparing technical accounting memos, and in-depth analysis/ reconciliations for financial statement audit.
· Assist with regulatory compliance and tax reporting.
· Partner with Controller on the implementation of accounting standards on an as-needed basis.
· Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance, and scaling of the business.
· Be a mentor and leader for junior team members with training, support, and guidance and by fostering a positive work environment.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other quantitative discipline plus CPA certification.
· 6+ years of work experience, out of which 3+ years at a public accounting firm is strongly preferred
· Advanced excel skills required (critical to success in the position)
· Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, and inventory management tools a plus
· Extreme attention to detail and ability to simultaneously research discrepancies and solve problems
· High acumen around critical thinking and organization
· Effective communicator with the ability to articulate complex issues in a simple manner
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Bell & Associates, Inc.