Expired: 2 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER job in INDIANAPOLIS, IN is currently available at Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for high-level design, validation & verification, integration and testing to support complex hardware and / or software systems for airborne platforms across multiple programs.
To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and at least 7 years of experience in developing safety-critical airborne electronic hardware and/or software and complex systems for commercial or military aircraft. This is a very visible, direct hire opportunity with Belcan, one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing Engineering firms, with over a half century legacy of continued excellence.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER Job duties:
As a Senior Systems Engineer for Belcan Engineering, you will join a team of highly-capable engineering professionals, providing consulting services to our clients, including some of the most respected and well-known aerospace companies in the world.
You will be a part of an enormous growth wave and help to shape the future of aviation.
You will be intimately involved in a wide variety of tasks, including …
* Requirements capture and decomposition
- Development of systems requirements document
- Development of systems design document
- Development of software requirements document
- Development of software design document
* Creation of FADEC logic ex: control algorithms, auto-rotation recovery logic, and one engine inoperative fuel control logic
* Develop complex hardware in accordance with DO-254 certification requirements
* Aerospace DAL A/B/C certification plan development
* Ability to lead SOI audit planning and execution
* Lead technical proposal preparations and participate as a subject matter expert in internal design, non- advocate, and customer reviews
* Lead activities associated with DO-178 certification including systems / software verification
* Hardware/Software integration, including prior experience with ASIC / FPGA / SoC design assurance activities under DO-254
* Capability to plan and guide the development and implementation of engineering solutions, including deployment, resource requirements, testing, documentation, integration, compliance, and safety
* Bachelor"s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is required -- advanced degree is preferred.
* 7 or more years of experience in developing safety-critical airborne electronic hardware and/or software and complex systems for commercial or military aircraft is required.
* Ability to travel and be on-site at the customer may be required
* Experienced in end-to-end development of gas turbine engine programs
* Broad technical knowledge of embedded systems, analog, digital, RF, and electro-optics hardware
* Prior experience with developing in an Agile environment and knowledge of the Agile principles
* Proficiency with modeling & simulating systems (MATLAB, SPICE, etc.)
* Experience with embedded programming (C, C++, VHDL) a plus
If you are interested in this SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER job in INDIANAPOLIS, IN, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
NOTE: We have multiple openings in multiple Belcan Delivery Centers -- for the right individual(s), remote option may be available
Indianapolis,IN 46220 USA
Get fresh Systems Engineering Intern jobs daily straight to your inbox!