Job Number: 296957
Category: Lab Technician
Description: A Laboratory Technician job in Schenectady, NY is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for preparation and evaluation of metallographic mounts. To be considered for this role, you will have a Associate"s degree in a scientific field, and one to three years of experience in metallography or other type of material analysis. Completion of required training and qualification for evaluation of aviation coatings is strongly preferred. This is a very visible, direct hire opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Laboratory Technician Job duties:
- Maintain overall responsibility for operation of the polishing room.
- Preparation of metallographic mounts of various sizes, shapes, and materials.
- Operation of various laboratory tools and equipment for grinding and polishing.
- Application of certain chemical etchants to highlight certain features for evaluation.
- Evaluation of certain mounts in accordance with client specifications.
- Demonstrated experience in metallography and/or image analysis.
- Education in metallography and microscopy. Associate"s degree in a materials field is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional attention to quality.
- Strong mechanical dexterity and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and proven aptitude for quickly learning and developing new skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office products required.
If you are interested in this Laboratory Technician job in Schenectady, NY, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Greenville , SC
Minimum Experience (yrs): 1-3
Required Education: Associate (AA, AS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart