IT Support Specialist
Belcan Government Solutions Sterling, VA
IT Support Specialist
Belcan Government Solutions
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
- $50,000 to $68,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position: IT Support Specialist
The BGS IT Support Specialist position will be responsible for participating in the installation, monitoring, and support, and optimization of the BGS network, server, software, and communication links. The individual will also work between cross functional teams and vendors and stakeholders to complete projects according to business objectives. This role, situated in Sterling, VA, presents a Hybrid work arrangement that provides flexibility for remote work, occasionally necessitating travel to out-of-state offices.
- Analyze/Resolve tier 2 and 3 technical issues in software and hardware.
- Track/Manage IT projects for internal and external stakeholders and provide status updates
- Configure, troubleshoot, and manage diverse IT platforms.
- Document architecture, policies, procedures, KB's, and training literature.
- Provide technical support and training using various tools and systems.
- Support O365, Azure, AWS, vSphere, SCCM, SharePoint and more.
- Submit change requests for system modifications.
- Monitor systems, document recurring issues.
- Manage/troubleshoot VoIP systems, like Ring Central.
- Maintain ISO and compliance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications desirable (MCSA, Network+, A+, Security+, VCP)
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and various levels of the organization.
- Familiar with security frameworks NIST SP 800-171, CMMC, ISO 20000/27110. And CMMI standards
- Strong background in network administration, vendor management, security, storage, and computing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with a strong ability to work with time/date deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft O365 applications. GCCH experience is a plus
- Azure, AWS, or Linux experience or certifications is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Linux, Windows Server 2019/2022, Azure, VMware ESXi, vSAN, AD DS, and troubleshooting hardware, network diagnostics, monitoring, and analysis tools.
- Experience with tools like ServiceNow and Jira for issue tracking, asset management, and reporting
- US Citizenship Required
- Detail-oriented and process improvement focus.
- Sound and logical judgment,
- Personal and project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
- Prioritization and decision-making under pressure.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Analytical and effective problem-solving.
- High customer service orientation.
- Team-oriented and collaborative mindset.
- On-site mainly with remote opportunities available.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Manual dexterity for keyboard, mouse, and tools.
- Occasional cable inspection in floors, ceilings, and behind desks
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
We provide a competitive pay and benefits package. This position offers a salary range of $50,000 to $68,000 annually. Belcan considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to education, experience, geographic location, and discipline. Benefits offered may include health care, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k); education assistance; paid time off including PTO, holidays, and any other paid leave required by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Belcan Government SolutionsSterling, VA
TechnologyView All Belcan Government Solutions Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.