Director of Energy Programs and Business Development Account Executive
Belcan Government ServicesAlbuquerque, NM
Posted: 29 days ago
Director Energy Programs and BD Account Executive
Belcan, a Government services company featuring cybersecurity, systems engineering, enterprise IT management and program management with a strong heritage supporting the Department of Energy’s mission is looking for Director of Energy Programs. This position will also act as the Business Development Account Executive for Department of Energy Programs. You will plan and direct the marketing of services in support of winning new business to achieve established revenue objectives. This position will be integral to the continued growth of our company and will report directly to the Vice President of Enterprise IT Government Services.
This position will provide oversite for existing DOE contracts with responsibility for maintaining defined profit and loss goals for Energy Programs. This position will be fully accountable for the strategic, long -term evolution of the Energy programs; including the overall direction and operational/financial management of all Energy business activities. Additional responsibilities include the ongoing development of a high -efficiency delivery model, delivering exceptional customer service, driving profitable growth, and the creation of an inclusive and dynamic work environment.
You will be responsible for building customer relationships, implementing solid customer call plans for future growth, and monitoring contracting information through a variety of business development websites as well as continuous interaction with Contracting Department personnel. This position will direct activities associated with identifying, qualifying opportunities, positioning and capturing new business; Manage research and development pipeline, coordinating efforts across the Corporation in various stages of the business development process. Manage simultaneous business development activities (e.g., bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements). The primary objective is to broaden the customer base across the Department of Energy Laboratories.
Belcan is seeking a highly qualified individual to join our team as the Director of Energy Programs & Business Development Account Executive.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal program managers and external business partners.
- Directly manage the designated core customer base from a retention and growth standpoint.
- Full accountability for monthly P&L / budget analysis and results of Energy programs
- Proactively review and monitor processes/procedures and implement improvements where possible to reduce cost to service
- Prepare and present a monthly/quarterly business review
- Ensure the team is demonstrating the company's core values in the delivery of a customer -centric service
- Ensure all agreed upon client requirements (both operational and contractual) are completed and in line with agreed SLA targets
- Maintain high levels of Customer Satisfaction Survey feedback through scheduling regular business reviews with the client
- Identify and close new business opportunities with key customer agencies.
- Develop and relentlessly implement a strategic sales and marketing plan that clearly outlines the direction and milestones of our BD and marketing efforts for sustainable profitable growth for Department of Energy that is alignment with our company strategic plan. Provide regular and accurate feedback for revenue/profit forecasts.
- Professionally represent the company at various business conferences, trade shows and community events. Increase company visibility in technical IT and Department of Energy contractor communities.
- Work directly with major government agencies, OEM’s and other commercial enterprises to demonstrate the value and expertise of Belcan.
- Participate in the development of project proposals and spend the necessary time with customers to present and document the value and identify new opportunities.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelors/Masters in relevant subjects that support business growth objectives;
- 5 -10 years experience in operations management with a focus on organic growth and/or business development at the Department of Energy
- Must have a proven track record measured by customer service levels and satisfaction, increased responsibilities, and working relationships with colleagues and management
- Knowledge and understanding of IT, enterprise management, and technical program management
- Experience and expertise in tecAhnical marketing/sales business development
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above with demonstrated success in within US federal government markets
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Existing relationships at Department of Energy Labs and Government service providers & OEMs
- Proven track record of meeting growth objectives at Department of Energy.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and networks.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively (written and oral) with all levels of staff and management, in one -on -one and in group presentation situations
- Strategic thinker, passionate about driving growth, customer management/relationship building skills
- A self -starter, risk taking, highly innovative individual with strong organizing and time management skills to handle multiple priorities, responsibilities and customer needs.
- Strong working knowledge of government & commercial contracts; ability to navigate landscape in both arenas and effectively communicate our company’s value proposition
- Working knowledge of MS -Office suite and SharePoint
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOE -L security clearance