Senior Network Engineer
Belay Technologies has been voted Baltimore Business Journal's (BBJ) Best Places to Work 2019, runner up in 2020 and a finalist in 2021!
Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior Network Engineer (NE) to support a multi-platform, multi-system network solutions. The NE will provision and sustain network infrastructures. The NE will also diagnose network performance issues, and design and implement improvements. The NE will develop, operate and manage networks in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN-enabled environment. Implement routing protocols, QOS, traffic shaping and policing on the network. The NE will research and recommend advanced technologies.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums
- Or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline
- Twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support.
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree or Twenty (20) years for a Master’s degree.
- Certification: An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level III baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
- Cisco certification is required.
- Additional contract or position specific required experience for this level (skills, technologies.)
Candidates are required to have the following skills:
- Strong Network Engineer with Cisco experience; CCNA; Cisco ACI a plus. Strong Linux, scripting skills (Bash, Python), virtualization, orchestration. Desired skills: Splunk, DevOps tools
- Support multi-platform, multi-system network solutions.
- Provision and sustain network infrastructures.
- Diagnose network performance issues, and design and implement improvements.
- Develop, operate and manage networks in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN-enabled environment.
- Implement routing protocols, QOS, traffic shaping and policing on the network.
- Research and recommend advanced technologies.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing,
- VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Troubleshoot networks, computers, and peripheral devices in order to isolate the causes of failures or problems.
- Maintain computer system or network hardware or software.
- Monitor and maintain integrity of data, reports, and interfaces in Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Consult, task, or coordinate with outside organizations to resolve network, system, server, or other problems.
- Manage, monitor, and control networks (includes security, fault management, configuration, performance, and accounting of computer systems, processes, and networks).
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations.
- Oversee the support to all network equipment.
- Develop designs of the organization's network and mission architecture to meet new partner requirements.
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations.
- Resolve complex network problems, operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment and network simulators.
- Design modules representing traditional circuit switched networks.
- Lead large efforts and installation projects of dynamic requirements and scale.
- Develop algorithms for models using networking and/or telecommunications technologies and systems.
Information Technology Experience in at least three (4) of the following areas:
- Red Hat and Windows Certificate Authority
- JunOS (+SRX) Ipsec VPN Gateway
- Hypori Transport Layer Security (TLS) software application
- NetApp storage/filing application;
- VMware Cloud Computing enhanced tools; 6. Secure cellular and fixed network software applications
- VMware and Networking tools;
- Windows Server/Active Directory, WSUS/SCCM, VMware ESXi and vCenter, NAS/SAN, Cisco switches, ASAs, WLAN and VPNs
- Aruba WLAN and VPNs
- Experienced in Cloud
Perks and Benefits:
- 8 weeks paid leave - 4 weeks of personal leave, 3 Yay! days, take off on your birthday,11 paid holidays and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program
- 10% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
- $5,000 annual training/tuition
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 100% company funded HSA
- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance)
- Dental coverage including orthodontia
- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, premiums 100% company funded
- Amazon Prime, gym reimbursement, monthly lunches, games and prizes
- Pet adoption program, generous referral bonus program, fun events, and more!
Belay Technologies is a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business located in Columbia, Maryland (Baltimore/Washington area). Belay Technologies specializes in systems automation and full stack development. Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, DoD, full scope
Powered by JazzHR
Belay TechnologiesAnnapolis Junction, MD
TechnologyView All Belay Technologies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.