Receiving Operator, 3rd Shift
Behr Process Corporation Santa Ana, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Now offering a $2,000 sign on bonus* for all new hires in operations!! Apply today to take advantage of this limited bonus!
Along with the sign on bonus, this position also offers:
Pay premiums in effect through September
Shift differential for all 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shift positions
Participation in the quarterly bonus program
Holiday bonus program
Additional bonus for Maintenance positions
Not only does Behr have great monetary benefits, some of our other benefits are:
15 days of vacation (ETO) earned in the first year of employment
10 paid company holidays & 1 paid floating holiday
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment
Participation in a 401(k) program, with matching company contribution
Facility with a strong safety record and COVID-19 protocols in place
Don’t miss out on these great benefits! Apply today!
*$1,000 of the sign on bonus is paid out on the first paycheck and the second $1,000 is paid out after 90 days.
- Coordinate receipt, transfer and shipping of raw materials and internal transfers of finished products • Pull pigments used for the daily manufacturing of paints, stains and varnishes
- Provide safe operation of forklift to move, store materials and maintain stored materials in clean and orderly condition.
- Complete and maintain spent drum inventory, execute shelf life rotation program for all drums and totes by date.
- Receive, return railcars and maintain and clean milling vats.
- Enter data into computer terminal regarding the movement of liquid raw materials from receiving into storage tanks, from storage tanks to scale tanks, and for receiving all liquid raw materials not on consignment.
- Maintain stored materials in clean and orderly condition and monitor tank levels to ensure the availability of materials for production.
- Monitor and maintain dust collector in compliance with policies and government regulations.
- Participate on the spill response team and participate in clean up of liquid raw materials storage tanks.
- Operate trash compactor and assist vendors in preparing materials for hauling.
- Assist vendors in arranging and completing tank truck raw material deliveries, including unloading trucks, obtaining sample approval, and pumping transported materials into proper storage tanks.
- Assist in and coordinate the delivery of dry goods and raw materials.
- Know and implement appropriate SAP transactions for inventory, receipt, usage and control
- Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation Some inventory control, warehousing or material handling experience
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of material storage practices, including hazardous substances inventory storage, raw material and internal transfer storage and disposition procedures
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and environmental regulations
- Knowledge of safety procedures and equipment operation procedures
- Ability to organize and maintain raw materials and dry goods in proper stored condition
- Ability to safely operate trash compactor and forklift
- Ability to understand and follow oral or written instructions
- Ability to maintain basic work logs
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- May be required to work shifts and weekends
Behr Process Corporation
AddressSanta Ana, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Behr Process Corporation