LCSW or Licensed MFT- Mental Health
- Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley
Company DescriptionThe StepHouse Recovery Center, founded in 2010, is a certified community based service provider operating under the Department of Health Care Services of Behavioral Health. As a leading organization StepHouse Recovery Center provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill or those suffering from addiction by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community. Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the StepHouse Recovery Center operates two programs: Inpatient Medically Assisted Program that also include Residential Treatment and a Day Program Services.
LCSW or LCPC, the Mental Health Specialist is required to be a creative self-starter, bringing positive energy and a willingness to work in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working with adults with Serious & Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) and a desire to work in recovery based care.
• Assists with psychosocial assessments and treatment planning, which includes maintaining accurate records for consumer progress.
Performs one on one psychotherapy and assists with caseload
• Implements treatment plans under clinical supervision.
• Maintains comprehensive, accurate, thorough, and contemporaneous documentation on treatment plan, daily progress notes, unusual incident reports, attendance, discharge summaries, etc.
• Facilitates and leads consumer groups.
• Participates in staff meetings, case conferences, and training sessions as appropriate.
• Conducts individual meetings as necessary with consumers, family members, significant others, other agency’s staff members, etc.
• Assists with social service needs as directed by clinical team, maintaining contacts with local agencies and civic organizations in a consumer advocacy role.
• Works with volunteers, interns, and other Center staff in planning and promoting Center activities which meet the individual needs of each consumer.
• Establishes contact with potential referral sources within community including both inpatient facilities and outpatient community based programs to generate intake referrals.
• Maintains the confidentiality of consumers at all times and operates within the Code of Ethics of the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association.
• Develops familiarity with JCAHO, Medicaid, and DBH standards and compliance requirements, and assists in maintaining JCAHO accreditation and MHRS certification.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team within an outpatient mental health agency.
• A superior communicator, who shares information readily and concisely, listens as well as gives advice, and respects the abilities of others.
• Knowledge of sound ethical practices and principles related to the care of mental health consumers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills, to include operating Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Knowledge and ability to navigate an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), including data entry.
• Ability to relate to adults diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness, using knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories related to mental health and mental illness.
• Ability to perform amicably in an environment serving the seriously and persistently mentally ill adult population.
• Ability to respect and uphold client confidentiality.
• Ability to exhibit a high level of organizational skills and able to prioritize and multi-task without direct supervision.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Licensure as LCSW or LPCC and a Masters Degree in a related field.
• One (1) to four (4) years of experience in a social services or behavioral health environment. Experience in a mental health or similar agency is highly desired.
• Experience or background in creative arts (dance, music, drama, or art) is desired.
• Must possess a minimum of one year of experience facilitating group activities and social services.
At the StepHouse Recovery Center you will find powerful resources for career long success, including:
** A competitive starting base salary of $50,200 annually, based on experience.
** World-class training and constant professional support and career development.
** A package of comprehensive benefits including health and wellness, two weeks of combined sick and vacation leave, Medical, Dental, Vision and Pension retirement contributions.
If you are ready for a new challenge in your professional career, submit your cover letter and resume online.
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
StepHouse Recovery Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
No phone calls, please. Note: StepHouse Recovery Center is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if StepHouse Recovery Center hires the candidate.
Compensation in commensurate with experience......
Behavioral Serviceswww.stephouserecovery.com Compensation in commensurate with experience......
Fountain Valley, CA