We are seeking an Addiction/Mental Health Counselor Or Intern to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting.
Counsel and advise individuals or groups with mental health/substance abuse problems
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans
- Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients
- Prepare progress reports and letters for relevant parties
- Educate families and groups on substance abuse treatments and prevention programs
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare or counseling professionals
- Previous experience in counseling, social work, or other related fields
- Must be CCAAP or CAADE Certified or a registered intern
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Intern responsibilities include helping with: assessments, developing and implementing treatment and discharge plans, documentation, group and individual counseling, driving residents to appointments or treatment, supervising at residential homes. We currently have morning, afternoon and evening interning opportunities. Great way to fulfill your supervised hours.
MUST BE REGISTERED OR BE WILLING TO REGISTERED or Part of a Addiction Counseling Education Program
You will learn: Knowledge of intervention and treatment, individual and group counseling, documentation, charting case notes, how to network with operations and clinical staff.
Newly enrolled counselors are welcome, experience is not mandatory, but a good attitude is.
Our program provides a continuum of services (Detox, residential treatment, and long-term supervised transitional living) for men & women using evidenced based practices. We are a treatment center accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Department of Health Care Services. Our growing company is set to meet the mental health and chemical dependency needs of our community in the Fountain Valley and surrounding areas of Orange County.
For All: We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual that is excited to work with a variety of populations.
This is a full-time (paid position) opportunity.
Please submit your cover letter and resume + hourly expectation if you fulfill the above requirements with an explanation with how you could contribute to our organization: IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE A COMPENSATION HISTORY WE WILL NOT CONSIDER YOU.
FULL-TIME + MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISSION + PROFIT SHARING PROGRAM
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers