One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire is a freestanding, 122 bed facility specializing in adolescents, women's services, chemical dependency, and general adult psych. The hospital is located in southwest Houston serving the Houston and surrounding communities and is conveniently located between the Galleria and Meyerland shopping districts as well as only minutes away from the Houston Medical Center, Downtown, and Midtown.
Mental Health Technician (MHT) Position Summary:
Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire is seeking a Full-Time Mental Health Technician (MHT) to serve as an active part of the patient treatment team; providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about mental health or substance abuse patient care in a fast-paced environment with a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
Shift: Night Shift: (11 PM-7 AM).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in maintaining a safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for patients.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living and establishing and maintaining good health by using effective, therapeutic communication techniques.
- Conduct environmental rounds on unit for safety, and document observations.
- Facilitate patients' participation in therapeutic activities and groups.
- Implement crisis management skills as directed by licensed staff.
The Mental Health Technician (MHT) opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off