- Assist in supervision of client activities and be aware of client whereabouts at all times, including breaks and internal activities.
- Attend all mandatory trainings.
- Engage clients in therapeutic activities, as appropriate.
- Provide a brief overview of the housing program in regard to program rules, procedure, and services, with each new client.
- Maintains order and ensures compliance with rules and regulations; ensures that clients conduct themselves in an orderly manner.
- Monitor and document clients for signs of medical distress and/or behavioral conduct on an ongoing basis.
- Provide appropriate support and structure for clients in dealing with their recovery, interacts continually with clients.
- Ensure wake-up and bedtime, escorts residents on shopping trips, recreations, meetings, medical appointments, etc.
- Enforces program rules at all times.
- Records accurate and up-to date reports.
- Report to Supervisor any discrepancies in client's whereabouts.
- Responds appropriately to all medical and other emergencies.
- When assigned to drive Company vehicles, BHT’s are responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles.
- Conducts search of all client bags when being admitted to the facility. Confiscates and secures any contraband found, and notifies the appropriate Program Director or supervisor on duty in their absence.
- Routinely inspects all rooms, common areas, and hallways.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Valid Driver License.
- 3+ years of experience in BHT role in a substance abuse treatment setting preferred
- CBHT, preferred
- Maintains CPR certification, required
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of the discipline.
- Adheres to: Healthcare Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding:
- Client Confidentiality
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Corporate Integrity & Compliance