ABA Behavioral Therapist (Entry-Level) - Seattle
Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Seattle, WA
- Posted: September 04, 2019
Make a difference working with children! Behavioral Health Works is looking for part-time employees who want to work in a purpose driven organization. Paid training is provided along with a flexible schedule! Learn more about helping children with autism develop skills
BHW helps individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities reach their highest potential by working collaboratively with families, schools, and relevant professionals. By focusing on ways in which people respond to their environment (behavior), we provide opportunities for them to learn in specific and observable ways, leading to a positive outcome (health).
Provide one-on-one ABA techniques to individuals diagnosed with Autism and related disorders. All Therapist at BHW are responsible for the following:
- Implementing Behavior Intervention Plans created by a Board Certified Behavior Analysts and Clinical Supervisors
- Motivating their clients and helping them reach their highest potential
- Contributing their expertise and professionalism to one of the industry's fastest growing agencies
- Allowing their positive and solution-focused spirit serve as a model for the clients and families they work with on a daily basis
- A high school diploma for Behavioral Interventionist positions, Bachelor's Degree and educational coursework completed in the areas of: Child Development, Special Education, Psychology, or a related field is preferred for Behavioral Therapists positions
- Energetic people with a passion to help children and families overcome large obstacles
- A minimum of six months experience working with children, with special needs (especially Autism), is preferred
- A drive to be part of an innovative and growing organization with amazing growth potential
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese is a plus
- Flexible, Part-time positions available that require that all Therapists be available a minimum of 15 hours on weekdays during the hours of 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Employees are paid for drive time at the minimum rate and receive mileage reimbursement
- BHW leverages technology providing our Therapists with industry leading data collection and communication tools
- Therapists are eligible for sick days in accordance with state law
- Therapists may be eligible to accrue BCBA or BCaBA supervision hours under the direct supervision of one of our licensed or certified staff
- Therapists are eligible to enroll in courses and take advantage of discounted tuition with all of our affiliated universities
BHW does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). All employees must complete and pass a background check and show proof of immunization.
(Autism, ABA, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Entry Level, Disabilities, Therapy, Intervention, Kids, Children, Modification, Healthcare, Education, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, BCBA, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, MFT)
Behavioral Health Works, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Behavioral Health Works, Inc.