Behavioral Health Group (BHG), a leading provider of opioid addiction treatment services. BHG provides medication assisted treatment and counseling services in a conventional outpatient setting.
At BHG, we are committed to the belief that addiction is a brain disease, not a moral failing. We are committed to treatment that embodies Hope, Respect, and Caring.
- Ensure the timely completion of admission physicals, annual physicals, medical histories, laboratory testing (including TB screening) consistent with state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and sound medical practice
- Review all laboratory results as well as medical documentation from other healthcare providers and manage each patient according to established best practice and accrediting and regulatory guidelines
- Screen patients for common medical co-morbidities and evaluate co-existing medical conditions to identify potential medication impact/drug interactions, to include over-the-counter (OTC) medications
- Prescribe and titrate the appropriate dosage of methadone or suboxone consistent with the patient’s medical and addiction history to establish a maintenance dose
- Order dose increases, decreases, detoxification, or supervised withdrawal after assessment of the patient and his/her current treatment history
- Write medical orders based upon the individual needs of the patient and sign off on all medical orders within 72 hours. Review medical therapy and document those activities in the patient’s chart
- Whenever necessary, collaborate and coordinate care with other physicians, clinics or hospitals participating in the treatment of program patients
- Provide consultation to medical, clinical, and administrative staff in formulation and implementation of each patient’s medical treatment
- Solicit feedback from clinical and administrative staff regarding patient requests and changes in patient behavior
- As requested, conduct in-service training and community education (participate in and periodically lead community consultation and mental health education as it relates to substance abuse)
- Assist in developing affiliations and collaborative relationships with community based medical providers
- Ensure that each patient receives adequate services addressing communicable diseases, including risk evaluation, clinically appropriate testing, and appropriate counseling related to testing
- Ensure treatment center meets all accreditation standards related to include medical, health, and safety issues, and other areas as assigned
- Provide medical training and supervision as related to Opioid Treatment for physicians and nurse practitioners where applicable working at the clinic
- Provide medical supervision and maintain records for Nurse Practitioner as required by state law
- Participate in peer reviews for BHG Medical Directors and/or Program Physicians as requested to comply with accrediting agency requirements.
- Provide input to Program Director on medication nurses’ annual performance evaluation on the medical aspects of their position, when required to comply with accrediting agency requirements.
- Ensure 24 hour per day availability to respond in a timely manner to treatment center staff and emergency care providers when they require consultation for one of the program’s patients.
- Responsible for the achievement of assigned treatment center specific annual goals and objectives
- Implementation and enforcement of the BHG’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Ensure that medical responsibility is covered during his/her absence. When he/she is unavailable, it is the responsibility of the Medical Director to designate another physician, to be approved by the Corporate Medical Director or, in his/her absence, by
- The Director of Compliance and Quality Assurance, who will act as Medical Director in his/her temporary absence. This approved designee will ensure a 24-hour per day response to treatment center team and emergency care providers when they require consultation for one of the program’s patients
- Responsible for periodically conducting training and mentoring of medical staff and the treatment team regarding treatment best practices
- Responsible for providing mentoring and guidance by active participation in scheduled treatment team sessions
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory agency requirements
- Comply with all accrediting agency requirements
- Comply with the organization’s policy and procedure regarding the Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) credentialing process
- Report to the Corporate Medical Director and Director of Compliance and Quality Assurance any complaints, litigation, or any potential litigation related to his or her role as Medical Director at the treatment center
- Report to the Corporate Medical Director and Director of Compliance and Quality Assurance any investigations pending or ongoing related to his/her licensure
- Participate in all trainings as required by federal, state, local and accrediting agencies
GREAT Opportunities -- Our Team Members are motivated self-starter’s who excel in a fast-paced environment and become a valued member of our team.
GREAT People -- Our staff has a passion to be the best, sharing a strong work ethic and dedication to providing world-class support to the teams in the field who serve our patients every day!
GREAT Support -- We recognize that our success, and that of our patients, relies on the quality of our Team Members. Once we have identified and hired a new Team Member, we work diligently to keep their skills and talent engaged by providing the systems, tools and training necessary.