Physical Education Teacher, Full Time
- Posted: over a month ago
Behavioral Health Associates (BHA) empowers students by providing comprehensive and compassionate educational and mental health resources for all students through many programs, regardless of their circumstances. How we approach this incredible task changes constantly. At the heart of every decision we make is each student that comes to BHA. We strive to give each of them exactly what they need to become confident, happy, lifelong learner and a cherished member of society. Become a part of the BHA community!
BHA is looking for a Physical Education Teacher for students K-12 between five academy locations within a short distance of each other in the Lehighton, PA area. If you have a passion for physical activity, sports and for teaching children, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Must be able to design and organize numerous daily activities to keep students of all abilities active and excited about sports and their overall health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create lesson plans and sports-related activities for students of all physical abilities
- Monitor student involvement and physical stamina and abilities
- Organize team activities to promote student cooperation and problem-solving
- Adhere to district and school curriculum pacing and standards
- Initiate and maintain communications with parents and guardians
- Maintain and care for sports equipment
- Regularly communicate with peers and administration about student needs and curriculum
- Act as a mentor and motivator for all students
- Take roll and monitor student absences
- Minimum BA in Physical Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Physical Education and Health Teaching Certification
- Ability to monitor and direct large groups of students in physical activity
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for numerous sports and physical activities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage teams of students in physical activities
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents, faculty, staff, and administration regarding student progress and needs
- Basic computer literacy
- Utilize effective verbal and written expression
- Full Time
- Paid Leave for Sick and Personal Days
- Days Off During School Breaks
- Paid Year Round
- Choice of Two Medical Plans, Dental, Vision and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company Paid: Group Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan with Company Match up to 3% of your Annual Salary
- Tuition Reimbursement
When applying to this position, please include a copy of your Standard PA Teaching Application, letter of interest, resume, current clearances and PA Teaching Certification.
BHA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. BHA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
Behavioral Health Associates
EducationView all jobs at Behavioral Health Associates
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?