Job Title: Psychotherapist
Position Type: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: Competitive Annual Salary
Benefits: Comprehensive Health Benefits, Competitive Market Salary, Work Life Balance, 401 K, Referral Bonuses, Discounted Memberships, PTO(Sick and Vacation), and more!
Reports to: Executive Clinical Director
The Psychotherapist plays a key role in our dynamic mental and/or behavioral health departments. This clinician evaluates, diagnoses, treats, and provides caregiver or parent training and coaching while making the welfare and needs of the client a high priority. The Psycho-Therapist works closely with other disciplines and contributes to a culture of effective collaboration. With minimal required supervision, this clinician carries out the mission of Behavioral & Educational Solutions with a high degree of clinical integrity while being flexible and creative to meet our clients’ needs.
· Render individual, family and group therapy within clinical and educational settings.
· Render Mental Health Consultation
· Perform psycho-social intakes within specified time-frame
· Diagnose disorders, including nature and extent, and determine the appropriate course of treatment
· Develop and implement goal specific and measurable treatment plan
· Conduct parent and teacher workshops and trainings
· Perform functional behavior assessments
· Consult with teachers and parents
· Deliver crisis response and intervention services
· Participate in disciplinary proceedings, mediations, administrative reviews, hearings and due process proceedings
· Apply a wide degree of creativity and latitude
· Effectively manage caseload assignments
· Seek support and guidance from supervisor as needed with clinical and operational matters
· Comply with all HIPPA and other applicable privacy laws
· Maintain patient confidentiality according to HIPAA and other applicable privacy guidelines
· Maintain certification and licensure requirements that are needed to perform job
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Masters in Clinical Social work, Clinical Counseling or Related Fields
2. Completion of internship
3. Licensed Psychologist, LCSW or LPC License in the state of practice (or license eligible in Washington, DC/MD)
4. Experience in assessment, treatment and providing behavioral and educational interventions for children, adolescents, and young adults
Essential Skills and Qualities
1. Passionate about prioritizing the welfare and needs of the client
2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to rendering evidence-based services and strong commitment to best practices in perspective field
3. Able to work collaboratively with other disciplines, community agencies, and educational and judicial systems.
4. Develops and nurtures professional relationships
5. Flexible in complex situations
6. Works efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
7. Exceptional organizational skills
8. Great Attention-to-detail
Travel and Physical Requirements
Local travel(DMV) required to clients’ locations. Requires standing, sitting, and floor activities. Must be able to physically assist clients, which may require lifting or physically guiding them. Lifting may exceed 50lbs.
Employee Disclaimer Statement
Behavioral and Educational Solutions, P.C. is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.