Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, 401K Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Compensatory time, Professional Development time and stipend, Referral Bonuses,
Role and Responsibilities:
· Seeking an innovative and forward-thinking early childhood psychologist
· Provide therapy, evaluations, parent coaching, and mental health consultations in our Silver Spring, MD clinic
· Diagnose disorders, including nature and extent, and determine the appropriate course of treatment.
· Individual and group therapy within clinical settings
· Psychological assessments and report writing
· Conduct parent and teacher workshops and trainings
· Functional Behavioral Assessments
· Consultation with teachers and parents
· Implement goal specific and measurable treatment plans
· Participate in disciplinary proceedings, mediations, administrative reviews, hearings and due process proceedings
· Work collaboratively with other disciplines, community agencies, and educational systems
· Passionate about making sure the needs and welfare of clients are a priority
· Apply a wide degree of creativity and latitude
· Doctorate in Psychology - School or Clinical-Child Psychology
· APA Internship – desirable
· Assessments and providing behavioral and educational interventions for children experience
· Strong behavioral training
This position is located in the Silver Spring BES Headquarters location. May require minimal travel in DMV area.
Travel, extended hours, and weekend work will be required from time to time. Long periods of sitting, walking, or standing may be required. Operating a computer and other office machinery such as a copy machine, fax machine, printer and scanner.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (Exempt). May require some evenings and weekends.
Local travel is expected for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must undergo a childcare/criminal background check.
Behavioral and Educational Solutions, P.C. is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Behavioral & Educational Solutions (BESDC) is a leader in mental health and social support services for children and families in the DC Metro area. Our team of psychologists, speech and language pathologists, social-workers, and behavioral analysts provide support, resources, solutions, respite, and education so families can increase engaged quality time together. We are committed to collaborating with families and schools so interventions are solution focused, culturally sensitive, and developmentally appropriate. We are a team of young, culturally diverse, and energetic professionals committed to providing comprehensive services that serve the entire child and nurture his/her development.