Job Type: Part time & Full-time
Behavior Functions, Inc. provides behavior services to children and individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities. Our culture and values are adhering to ethical principles while treating others with respect and integrity. Our sole mission is to deliver the highest quality services to these children and individuals so they can maximize their learning ability to access a more independent meaningful, productive, and happy life.
We are looking for an HR Generalist with Payroll experience, who can work independently as well as collaborate with colleagues/stakeholders to create and implement solutions to HR practices that promote a positive, productive, and compliant company culture that will achieve the mission/objectives of the company.
Specifically, the HR Generalist/Payroll Administrator is responsible for a variety of HR and payroll tasks, including but not limited to:
HR Generalist Tasks:
1. Conduct investigation of employee issues, manage employee relations, resolving employee grievances, and counseling employees
2. Recruitment: Collaborate with stakeholders to identify staffing needs and implement a strategy to achieve staffing goals, develop and execute recruiting and staffing plans
3. Onboarding/Offboarding: Conduct new hire onboard/orientation and exit interview
4. Training/Development: Provide required training, including sexual harassment, HIPAA, safety, etc.
5. Benefits; administer health benefits program, maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, assist with annual Open enrollment meeting
6. Personnel Records Management: ensure all personnel files and data in company systems are complete, accurate, and in compliance with the law
7. Operations: Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, maintains and provide training to stay compliant with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations, manage Workers Compensation activities, maintain HIPAA Compliance and OSHA Compliance, manages leaves of absence and coordinates with appropriate parties, reviews and updates Employee Handbook
8. Evaluation: manage and coordinate the evaluation process
1. Payroll: manage all aspects of payroll and ensure all employees submit necessary documents by the due date.
2. Responsible for processing bi-monthly payroll
3. Keep records of personnel transactions such as new hires, performance reviews, termination, and pay increase records
4. Assists in record keeping in our software CodeMetro: NPA
5. Processes employment verification requests and requests from other agencies
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years experience in Human Resources with an ABA agency
- Must have two (2) years of experience working with payroll system/software, such as WorkTray
- Exceptional recruiting and employee retention skills
- Exceptional organization skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including phone and e-mail etiquette
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to work with individuals of all levels
- Excellent presentation and computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Key characteristics: organized, energetic, persuasive, dependable, good listener, professional, attention to detail and collaborative spirit
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to appointments and meetings.
- Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance coverage, which must be maintained during the course of employment.
- Must maintain TB Clearance during the course of employment.
- Candidates may be subject to a thorough background investigation.
The ideal candidate is someone with a can-do attitude as well as strong leadership and people management skills to compliment their clinical knowledge.
Behavior Functions, Inc.
Why Work Here?Behavior Functions, Inc.’s culture and values is adhering to ethical principles, treating others with respect and with integrity, and our sole mission is to deliver the highest quality services, utilizing evidence-based strategies in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), to individuals with Autism and other developmental disabilities, so they can maximize their learning ability to access a more independent, meaningful, productive, and happy life. The ideal candidate is someone with a can-do attitude as well as strong leadership and people management skills to compliment their clinical knowledge.
Career Advancement Opportunities
Orange County, CA