- Expired: November 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Beene Garter, A Doeren Mayhew Firm, is seeking an Administrative Assistant in our Grand Rapids, MI office. Founded in 1949, Beene Garter quickly established a presence in the Grand Rapids community. We became known as West Michigan's largest independently owned certified public accounting and business consulting firm.
In 2022, Beene Garter merged with Doeren Mayhew, the 60th largest U.S. certified public accounting and advisory firm. Together, we bolster our existing service line offerings and industry expertise, while also broadening technical and industry capabilities beyond our current reach. With more than 500 people in nine offices in Michigan, Texas, Florida, North Carolina and Europe, we focus on providing a unique client experience matched with the expertise and knowledge you expect.
We're looking for a fun, yet polished professional who enjoys being a jack of all trades. Those with experience in a small-to mid-sized organization and an understanding of working in a professional services firm are strongly encouraged to apply. Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of broad-based administrative experience.
- Provides administrative support to the the firm's administrative leadership team.
- Coordinates executive meetings, firm parties, and holiday and staff appreciation events. Coordinates blood drives, flu shots, CPR/AED training, etc. Plans and executes employee events (such as "Hoopla") to increase engagement and retention. Organizes community service initiatives.
- Assists with employee communication and digital newsletter and surveys. Updates information on intranet to ensure clear and consistent staff communication.
- Ensures candidates receive regular communication and information for their first day. Assists with coordinating onboarding for new employees. Works with key leadership to prepare training schedule.
- Serve as an on-site point of contact for firm leadership.
- Assists Chief Strategy Officer with administrative duties related to special projects and database management, including drafting firm-wide internal communication, overseeing CRM data integrity and data clean-up initiatives, drafts project status updates and assists with meeting notes.
- Your ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and consistently meet deadlines will help you succeed as a go-to person for the firm.
- You'll use your strong organizational skills to assist with the coordination of professional learning for staff. Your passion for helping others will be essential when providing administrative support to Department Heads and Shareholders.
Additional required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- An associate degree in Business Administration or like discipline. Experience in HR and/or Sales force experience is also helpful!
- We are looking for a collaborative team player who is genuine, positive, and willing to go the extra mile. Outstanding interpersonal skills. Must be able to build trust and rapport with shareholders, staff and candidates alike. Impeccable accuracy, detail, organizational skills as well as independent drive to execute a wide variety of tasks on or ahead of schedule.
- Flexible and willingness to take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Possesses high levels of integrity, maturity, dependability, tact, sound business judgment, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fundamental understanding of the MS Office suite.
- Four to five years of previous administrative or executive assistant experience recommended.
And, here's what Beene Garter will offer you:
- A competitive salary, plus bonus based on performance.
- Variety. You'll enjoy gaining a wide variety of experience within a professional services firm.
- Benefits galore. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability, 401(k) and more! A recently restored downtown GR open-concept building that is close to events and restaurants. Employer paid parking included! Right in the center of it all!
- Flexibility. Our rich PTO package includes paid holidays and a flexible summer schedule.
- A great culture. From our events, to our contests and our recognition programs our close-knit team is always having fun. You'll love working with the team at Beene Garter!
Beene Garter, A Doeren Mayhew Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law.
Beene Garter, A Doeren Mayhew Firm
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
Get fresh Administrative Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.