Diesel Mechanic - Experienced
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ambridge, PA • OperationsJob Description:
Beemac Inc. is a "Top-20" Flatbed Carrier in North America. We are looking for full time or part time Diesel Mechanics with all types of experience and knowledge on Tractors and Trailers. Ideally, we need a professional who is capable of working on assignments that are moderately difficult and someone who enjoys performing complex repairs. The ability to conduct advanced testing/analysis will be essential as well. Anticipated work ranges from general maintenance and repair to electrical wiring.
Days and hours of work are 11am to 8pm Tuesday through Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays. Actual scheduled shifts may be altered to fit your schedule.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance repairs as directed.
- Inspect, diagnose, and locate complex mechanical problems in trucks, and trailers.
- Overhaul, repair and adjust engines, and clutches on heavy gas and diesel equipment.
- Inspect, adjust, and replace necessary units and related parts including internal and external engine work.
- Tune up engines.
- Repair hydraulic systems and rear-end and rear axles.
- Replace and repair wheel bearings, clutches, oil seals, shock absorbers and exhaust systems.
- Repair front steering components, replace lighting and repair electrical systems.
- Repair and change heavy truck tires.
- Perform brake jobs including computer controlled anti-lock and air brake systems.
- Perform on-the-road or job site repairs safely.
- Maintain work, time, and material records. Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Perform various types of major equipment repairs.
- Perform welding and fabricating functions as needed.
- May act as a mentor or team lead for other mechanics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Requirements
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a diesel mechanic
- High school diploma or GED.
- Specialized schooling and/or on the job education in heavy truck repair/ equipment.
- Basic mechanical skills with shop/fleet repair facility experience
- Must have basic hand tools to perform repairs.
- Valid State Commercial Driver’s License. ( Preferred but not required )
- State inspection license (Category 7). ( Preferred but not required )
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Exposure to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals. Exposure to outside atmospheric conditions.
- Regular sitting, standing, walking, talking, and hearing. Frequent reaching, lifting, and using hands to grasp, push and pull. Frequent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting up to 50 lbs.
The many benefits of Beemac:
- Health/Dental/Vision/ LTD/Life & AD & D
- Paid Time Off and Paid Vacation Holidays.
- 401K program plus company matching.
- Focused career development.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- We celebrate the achievement and successes of our teammates.
- We support our local communities and encourage our employees to volunteer for a myriad of charity events and activities.
Why you should join us:
- We are growing at a fast pace with consistent year over year revenue increases of more than 100%.
- We offer a dynamic company culture that values our employees as our greatest assets. We celebrate the fact that our employees are at the center of making our company flourish.
- We are a Team! One SWARM…one GOAL!
2020 and 2019 Accomplishments:
- Ranked No. 927 on the Inc. 5000 List for 2020.
- Ranked No. 169 in Commercial Carrier Journal’s “Top 250” rankings for 2020.
- Ranked 2nd in the 2020 Pittsburgh Business Times “Fast 50” Award.
- Named a winner of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s “Top Workplaces 2019” Award.
- Ranked 3rd in the extra-large company category in the 2019 Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work” Award.
Powered by JazzHR
Beemac Trucking, LLC
AutomotiveView all jobs at Beemac Trucking, LLC