Senior Engineer, Mechanical Analysis
- $90,000 to $160,000 Yearly
At Beehive Industries, we believe there is a better way to meet our clients' needs. Through Additive Manufacturing, Beehive Industries helps clients achieve more than what has ever been thought possible. This role will be located at our Centennial, Colorado facility.
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of turbomachinery components and assemblies using sound engineering principles while meeting industry standards and program requirements. This includes evaluation of the effects of the overall system (maneuvers, dynamic modes, limit load cases, etc) on components and assemblies.
- Experience with stress and finite element analysis, and apply knowledge using ANSYS Workbench and associated tools. Includes performing static, dynamic vibration, shock, plasticity, interference, thermal, contact, and fatigue analysis.
- Lead engine system or component test programs from a hardware design perspective. Set test objectives and limits, instrumentation and test data requirements, and test planning to execute component validation
- Serve as the component design subject matter expert as part of a diverse system design team. Ensure products and sub-systems meet overall requirements from a design perspective. Advocate for component durability while understanding the trade-offs and business decisions necessary to deliver the best overall solution. Coordinate with stress and life engineer and/or conduct stress and life analyses and design optimization to meet product requirements.
- Lead design reviews and coordinate with other disciplines in design, performance, controls, stress and life, additive manufacturing, materials and system analysis
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate in the research and development of technologies and methodologies associated with additive design. Advise on ways to improve product design through the exploitation of additive manufacturing.
- Role will initially be an individual contributor comfortable working in a dynamic self-directed start-up environment. As the organization grows, this role will be responsible for scaling design capability to support additional projects which may include some future team leadership. Being able to grow leadership capabilities with the role will be critical.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated consistent with engineering best practices
- Work with suppliers to procure hardware and resolve producibility and quality issues
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- At least 5 years of experience in gas turbine component design
- Strong understanding of design software tools (CAD, ANSYS, etc)
- Experience working with additive manufacturing technologies and familiarity with design for additive manufacturing principles
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Passion for additive technology and willingness to challenge current design limitations to further exploit the benefits of additive capability
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and strong program leadership and execution skills
- Proven self-starter and quick learner who can work in fast-paced cross-functional teams
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume. This could be the opportunity you are looking for to expand your skills, contribute to a winning company, and work with talented people who love what they do and take pride in our company.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $90,000-$160,000 base salary. Please note that wage information is a general guideline only, and we will consider factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, and market conditions when extending an offer.
Beehive Industries offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes group Medical, Dental, Life, and Short and Long-Term disability coverages. We also offer a generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Company match.
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software, technology or information controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Beehive Industries must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position. Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes.
Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Beehive Industries policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law. Beehive Industries is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
JOB CODE: 1000093
Beehive IndustriesCentennial, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.