The Beecher Carlson Energy Practice is one of the fastest-growing divisions within Beecher Carlson Insurance Services, providing the highest level of technical expertise, commercial insurance marketing capabilities, claims management, loss control engineering and risk management expertise to our large account energy clients across the globe.
We utilize engineering, risk modeling, and decades of experience to customize innovative insurance programs for power and utility companies that result in market-best pricing, and differentiate ourselves by helping our energy clients manage their business risks, protect and enhance their capital, and fulfill their corporate mission. Find out more about our team here: http://www.beechercarlson.com/industries/energy/
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Vice President – Commercial Lines with the Global Energy Practice in Boston, MA. The position will report into the practice’s service hub in Boston, MA; however, applicants who live outside Boston but are able to work remotely will be considered as well.
The SVP will lead an account service team that provides the full scope of professional insurance broker and risk management consulting services for large accounts. The person who fills this role will also act as a technical sales resource for new business opportunities, supporting the practice’s sales producers across the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a book of business by partnering with senior brokers and leadership to generate new accounts.
- Service existing energy accounts by working closely with clients and insurance carriers, and delegating tasks to junior members of the account team.
- Oversee day-to-day processes in all aspects of client insurance program cycle.
- Facilitate negotiations with carriers regarding pricing.
- Analyze loss exposure, determine coverage needs, and ensure coverage does not have gaps.
- Assist clients and carriers with requests for policies, endorsements, audits, certificates, invoicing, and loss control services.
- Attend any required training sessions/courses to maintain up to date skills and licensing requirements.
- Attend and conduct carrier meetings/functions as requested.
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and follow company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business degree including but not limited to Risk Management, Finance, Accounting and Marketing, and/or 10 years of experience in insurance.
- Must have or be able to obtain the appropriate state brokers licenses.
- Excellent customer service skills, with ability to develop sound relationships with clients, underwriters, and other vendors.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance legislation, rules, laws and other regulations.
- Ability to use initiative and good judgment in accomplishing tasks with minimal errors.
- Must possess critical thinking skills.
- Ability to establish work priorities and manage time effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships and to function in a team environment.
- Ability to lead client and/or market discussions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of ImageRight and AMS 360 systems.
- Planning/organizing—the individual has the ability to establish work prioritizes and manages time effectively.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
· Ability to travel
We are committed to offering our team members a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits to provide for your physical, financial, and social health. Benefit packages include, but are not limited to a 401k plan, employee stock purchase plans, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products; plus much more!
"Brown & Brown, Inc. /Beecher Carlson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants." Visit us on the web at www.beechercarlson.com and www.bbinsurance.com.