Compliance Regulatory Specialist
Are you a person who believes in providing great care? Do you believe in having a positive impact on other people's lives? Are you a team-player, quick-thinker, and ready to be a part of an organization that supports your growth?
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We believe care goes beyond a medical chart. With kindness and integrity as our guide, we strive for excellence in every interaction.
- You care.
The Compliance Regulatory Specialist will serve as a key member of the Beecan Health Compliance Department, instrumental in supporting our people, processes and technology in compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations. They will support the Beecan Health facilities with timely communication of new or revised regulation and/or guidance between the company, department, stakeholders, and agencies. This position exists to participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and administration of guidelines, processes, procedures, systems, and controls to ensure compliance with legal /regulatory requirements, company policies, and ethical standards throughout the organization. The Compliance Regulatory Specialist also coordinates Quality Assurance (QA) processes for the department to ensure information (patient reports, manuals, documents, SOPs, monthly and quarterly department QA key indicators, etc.) are current and readily accessible, content standards are maintained, and necessary approvals are in place.
This position acts as the primary point of contact and subject matter resource for the Beecan Health Network; this includes knowledge of Federal, State, and local legislation and requirements specific to Skilled Nursing Facilities. They will also support the organization in adhering to internal standards and external government requirements and regulations by evaluating and communicating the ethical practices of the company via AFL updates, policy writing, reviewing, implementing, auditing, and monitoring.
- Manages all survey and regulatory compliance with various governmental agencies.
- Manages improvement processes and programs related to all accreditation preparation and licensing, ensuring sustained compliance with submitted plans of correction.
- Works closely with Nursing, Medical Staff and other disciplines as part of an organizational team to provide focus and education on accreditation, regulatory and licensing issues.
- Manages special projects and studies as assigned by the manager such as audit and monitoring coordination, regulatory compliance issues, reports, and filings.
- Independently performs research of operational issues and provides recommendations to assist departments in complying with regulatory requirements.
- Performs regulatory compliance analysis and interpretations of new and existing state and federal regulations and modify and/or improve policies and procedures as necessary.
- Ensures monthly QA reports (CAP summary, amendments, discrepancies, overdue cases, etc.) are prepared for their manager for review.
- Provides guidance in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals related to accreditation, licensing and regulatory compliance.
- Provides education to the organization regarding regulatory and accreditation issues.
- Monitors new developments and emerging issues in various laws, assess related legal risks, and advise various business departments on these developments.
- Provides timely, business-focused advice to various departments by conducting audits and monitoring on a consistent schedule.
- Assists with management of the company's policy repository and periodic updates of policy documents; assists with and facilitates policy-related training programs.
- Assesses and communicates impact to business units of compliance-related changes, participates in assessments for new projects, and formulates actions to ensure compliance is accounted for when responding to changes and implementation of new initiatives.
- Tracks, evaluates, and reports on the compliance status of each in-scope process so that enterprise-level compliance can be assessed and maintained.
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate regulatory filings and compliance attestations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Compliance, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsibilities of Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all information and use discretion in all communications related to compliance issues.
- Represents the company in a professional, ethical, and positive manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand legal, regulatory, and operational theories and concepts.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to the company's current business and regulatory issues.
- Ability to convey complex technical information in clear and concise communications to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Possess project management and organizational skills.
- Possess initiative, decision-making skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Partners with clinical and non-clinical staff to develop, implement, monitor and improve structures required to achieve high quality, safe, cost-effective health care.
- Professional knowledge of facility licensing (CDPH), complaint investigation and validation surveys (CMS), Joint Commission accreditation and certifications, and Managed Care Medi-Cal certifications (DHCS) certifications a plus.
The above listing of duties and responsibilities are not intended to be all-inclusive but rather to serve as a description of the range of duties and general nature of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum two (2) years of Compliance Regulatory experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferred or possess equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working for a skilled nursing facility or in the health industry highly preferred.
- Experience in compiling, coordinating, and analyzing regulatory requirement data.
- Experience with compliance audits and assessments.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Heavy writing / composition experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills - MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience using Excel functions such as macros, external data connections, pivot tables, charts, and conditional formatting, preferred.
Beecan HealthGlendale, CA
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.