JOIN OUR NURSE VIRTUAL CHATS EACH THURSDAY FROM 2PM - 3PM
This position is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of the unit patient. This position requires knowledge of departmental and hospital policies relevant to the delivery of nursing care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations are inherent in this position.
Must complete Point of Care Testing training as part of Department Orientation. Neonatal rescusitation program (NRP) Fetal monitoring.
STABLE certificate preferred.
Baby friendly education within 6 months of hire.
Facilitates, implements, and evaluates the Patient Plan of Care and outcomes in collaboration with the health care team. Technical Skills. Critical Thinking. Documents patient assessments accurately and correctly within the specified time at admission, transfer, and discharge. Assess and Protects patient safety (Including following hospital policy and procedures)Evaluates test results and reports critical results immediately. Educational needs of patient. Documents teaching performed and modifies plan as needed. Transcription of orders. Effectively Prioritized care based on the needs of the patient and of the unit. Collects adequate and correct blood/urine specimens from patients as ordered by physicians, using proper technique and equipment. Correctly labels specimens and processes. Ensures appropriate delivery of specimens to the lab via courier or specimen pick up from outside agencies.
* RN - Registered Nurse
* BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
* BABY Certification-15 Hrs Online, 5 Hrs Observation
* S.T.A.B.L.E. - Post-Resuscitation/pre-transport stabilizatio
* NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program/ Certificate
Competencies and skills:
* Experience In Hospital Or Acute Care Setting
* Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
* Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
* Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
* Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
* Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
* RN Diploma/RN Graduate Program
Location: Hospital-Main Campus
Shift : 12 hour rotating shifts
Work Status: Part Time >32