JOIN OUR NURSE VIRTUAL CHATS EACH THURSDAY FROM 2PM - 3PM
General responsibilities include: Providing call time for 40 hours per month. Providing forensic documentation of injury and photo documentation as needed. Assess patients who are thought to be victims of abuse. Will offer medication from our medication tree as approved by physician who is overseeing the care of the patient. Will provide factual/expert testimony in court as well as providing court readiness. Will notify advocate agencies as needed (DFS, ContactLifeline and/or CAC). Works with a multidisciplinary team which includes law enforcement.
Minimum three years SANE experience required. Minimum five years Emergency Department or Critical Care experience preferred.
Forensic evaluation. Skill Proficiency. Stays competent and has ability to perform and defend a complete Sane exam in the court of law Equipment Operation. Does annual competencies for all SANE equipment. Remains proficient in all equipment such as digital photography SANE/Domestic Violence referrals. Makes appropriate referrals for all victims Interdisciplinary SANE communication. Communicates well in interdisciplinary team with Law enforcement, advocates and prosecutions documentation. Maintains all documentation standards Assessment. Provides assessment as required to meet medical and legal standards Skill Proficiency. Completed required competencies. Call time Provides 40 hrs. per month availability of call time.
* RN - Registered Nurse
* SANE - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners training/certification
* BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
* ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* EKG - EKG certification/class
* PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
* TNCC - Trauma Nurse Core Course/ Training
Competencies and skills:
* Experience In Hospital Or Acute Care Setting
* Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
* Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
* Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
* Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
* Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
* Master of Science in Nursing
Location: Hospital-Main Campus
Work Status: Casual