Financial Service Representative
Beebe Healthcare Lewes, DE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Beebe Healthcare in Lewes, DE - Creating The Next Generation Of Care
*** Please note Beebe Healthcare Main Campus is located in Lewes, DE with other locations within a 22 mile radius ***
Performs collection activity on past due accounts. Has accountability for recovery of patient accounts receivable and meeting standards as prescribed by Management.
Two years prior experience with customer service, billing, business office or credit functions required. Must have proficient computer skills. Must be outgoing enough to deal with public and confident enough to work in stressful situations. Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Interviews and counsels customers to establish method of payment on self pay portions by evaluating financial information.
- Refers customer to other hospital resources as appropriate based on financial evaluation.
- Obtains and records appropriate insurance and self pay information to assure accurate and timely processing of billing within department guidelines.
- Takes necessary action to liquidate all accounts in the shortest time possible.
- Demonstrates a clear knowledge and understanding of the department and hospital policy and procedures as it relates to daily job responsibilities.
- Is able to analyze and identify issues that impact processing and reports them as appropriate to assure resolution.
- Reviews accounts receivable files and examines accounts to ascertain previous billing and collection actions, status of pending insurance coverage and delinquent payments.
- Contacts insurance carriers and/or customer by telephone or mail to secure payment in shortest possible time.
- Re-bills delinquent insurance when necessary.
- Records collection action taken on individual accounts including any new or subsequent payment agreements.
- Maintains responsibility of account until paid in full.
- Reviews Charity Care criteria and recommends accounts for financial review as appropriate per department policy.
- Handles incoming telephone calls and correspondence in a courteous and professional manner and responds to personal visits from customers regarding billing, and collection matters.
- Researches and analyzes account history and accurately responds to customer inquiries to resolve the account in a timely manner. Reviews and analyzes account activity as it relates to system programming.
- Takes the appropriate action to assure accuracy of handling and maintenance of accounts to assure resolution in a timely manner.
- Maintains established hospital policies, procedures, objectives for quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control in accordance with the Beebe Medical Center Service Standard Guidelines.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Utilizes appropriate operational tools and maximizes resources necessary to perform daily assignments in a timely and most cost effective manner.
- Maintains records and files as required. Accurately records system activity to assure the appropriate handling and reporting of account records. Personal Growth, Development/ Action Plan.
Essential Competencies and Skills:
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
- Knowledge Of Basic Computer Programs
- Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
- High school graduate or equivalent
Our employees play a pivotal role in our continued success. Attracting and retaining the best healthcare professionals is Beebe Healthcare's top priority. We offer an excellent patient-focused environment, exciting career opportunities, and leading-edge technology with supportive, progressive leadership. Joining Beebe Healthcare means joining an exciting healthcare team that is deeply committed to the community. Join us to take advantage of our excellent benefits and compensation package.
424 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Beebe Healthcare