Construction Laborer/Lead - Fence Installer
4-day work week, 7-5pm schedule that may vary depending on jobs and weather, w/option for overtime as necessary
We are seeking self motivated, hard working, positive team members to join our team. Construction experience and drivers' license is required. We are looking to add experienced fence installers to lead crews. Highly labor intensive job. Pay will increase as experience dictates and as you take over a crew and projects.
The Fence Installer/Laborer will be responsible for showing up and following the direction of the crew lead/foreman. The Crew Lead/Foreman is responsible for overseeing daily work involved in assigned fence installation projects to ensure quality and timely completion of work site requirements meeting or exceeding our customer expectations. This includes directing and organizing the daily work of laborers and performing labor and tasks necessary for the installation of chain link, wood, ornamental, vinyl fences, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Crew Lead/Foreman)
- Directs, organizes and oversees all aspects of Fence Installation work at assigned worksites to assure quality and timely completion of work site requirements.
- Leads by example, and provides guidance for Crew Members, in regards to company policies and procedures such as attendance, conduct and dress code.
- Communicates with and provides exceptional customer service to property owners.
- Identify problems at the work site and follow through appropriately.
- Responsible for daily preparation of trucks and equipment, loading and securing equipment and material.
- Performs all tasks involved in installation of fence, including, removing old fences, preparing the ground, mixing and preparing concrete settings, digging trenches, and positioning fence elements.
- May determine and layout or follow new fence lines, follow height specifications and ensure quality installation.
- Operates equipment including post hole digger, ditch witch, saws and other hand tools.
- Assists customers, coworkers and sales staff in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to service the customers as efficiently as possible.
- Communicates effectively with coworkers, customers, delivery drivers and sales staff to ensure efficiency.
- Ensures team’s compliance with company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by CEO/COO.
- Provides direction and delegation of tasks to laborers.
- Provides mentoring, coaching, constructive feedback and training of fence crew members.
- Fosters a positive team-oriented work environment, resolving issues as they arise.
- Work is primarily performed outdoors during all seasons.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- Work is often performed on uneven ground conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is recommended.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all company personnel, regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Certification and License:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of fence installation, carpentry or construction experience is preferred.
- Previous equipment operating experience and use of hand tools is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to follow directions as necessary.
- Applied knowledge of effective fence installation skills and techniques.
- Ability to read and analyze or interpret design plans.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Stoops, bends, squats or kneels and lifts objects from ground frequently.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Consistently lifts heavy loads weighing 50 to 80 pounds.
- Regularly carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 50+ pounds.
- Possesses good balance to work on uneven ground conditions.
- Fine motor skills required for use of small equipment and hand tools.
- This is a Full-time position.
- Typical work hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 5:00pm. Friday and Saturday will act as make-up days if weather (or other factors) caused delays. Off Sundays (typically at least Saturday too).
- Hours vary depending on job type, location, and workload.
- Overtime may be required as workload dictates.
- Fence Installation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Crew Leader/Foreman: 3 years (Preferred)
- Heavy equipment operation: 3 years (Preferred)
Bee Fencing & DecksCabot, AR
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.