Becton Healthcare Resources Pleasanton, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Individual must be proficient in Medicare, Medi-cal billing and HMO insurance billing and use to working in a very fast pace work environment. (*Plus if you have experience with Insyst) Must be able to drop claims, assist with checking eligibility of insurance benefits and post updates into billing system each shift.
Medical Biller must have:
· Two or more years of experience with medical billing
· Experience with both primary and secondary billing
· Up to date knowledge of Medicare and Medi-cal billing
· Outpatient, Physician, Medicare, and Medi-cal billing
· Self pay collections and insurance follow up experience
· Medicare and Medi-cal primary and secondary billing
· Experience with online Medi-cal eligibility checks and use of AVES system
· Understand how to review EOBs
This position requires an individual who is responsible, demonstrates superior interpersonal skills while assisting our large patient population, has excellent telephone etiquette, strong organizational skills, medical office support and filing background, general computer knowledge (Office Ally a plus), knowledge of insurance pre-authorization processes, and who is skilled in accurate written and verbal communication.
The successful candidate excels in working directly with patients, projecting and affecting excellent patient care, completing administrative responsibilities, fulfilling special projects as directed, and has knowledge of patient forms, including but not limited to Authorizations, Referrals, Waivers, Health History, Patient Demographics, HIPAA, etc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Processes unpaid/incorrectly paid accounts. Handling insurance and patient correspondence, appeals, and aging. Follow-up on all outstanding payments due to the practice. Also, accountable ensuring that all incoming payments are posted appropriately in system. Handling of Medicare and Medi-cal claims.
Ideal candidate will possess:
*Minimum of 3 years experience in medical billing & claims follow-up
*High school diploma or GED
*Solid knowledge of Medicare, Medi-cal and HMO *Expert in understanding patient Benefits and Coverage
* Working knowledge of billing software (Office Ally software experience a plus)
* Quick and accurate keyboarding skills
* Calm professional manner; self motivated
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel) is required
* Working knowledge of appeals and collections
Becton Healthcare Resources
Becton Healthcare Resources, a Healthcare Management Company of 21 years of service that manages Pathways to Wellness outpatient clinics seeks a highly skilled and well-organized Credentialing Coordinator to become a part of the HR Department team. Immediate opening!
HealthcareView all jobs at Becton Healthcare Resources