DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORT SERVICES - NORTH DAKOTA
Not-for-profit Health System / Level 2 Trauma Center in North Dakota is seeking a Director of Transport Services. Fully integrated healthcare system serving Northwest/Central North Dakota and Eastern Montana. With a tertiary care hospital of 251 beds, close to a dozen rural health clinics and a long-term care facility, this healthcare system provides a full complement of healthcare services to the region. Established in 1992, NorthStar Criticair helicopter provides hospital-to-hospital transfers / critical care transport within a 150-mile radius.
The Director of Transport Services will provide leadership and direction for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) including ground and air transport; EMS Education; and call and transfer coordination (FirstCall).
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Supports and sustains a culture of safety in which high quality patient care transport is provided.
- Provides oversight for operational practices and procedures of Transport Services, which involves planning, organizing, implementing, directing and controlling all operational activities, as well as motivating and leading a high-performance management team.
- Provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency
- Establishes strategy for overall alignment and coordination across all branches of transport services
- Plans, develops, coordinates, monitors and evaluates technical and administrative aspects of emergency medical services activities.
- Evaluates on-going staff training needs to facilitate cross training, continued growth and expansion, and high level staff engagement and satisfaction.
- Serves as a liaison with other emergency medical service providers and regulatory agencies
- Develops, implements, and evaluates short-term and long-term goals for transport services
- Participates in local, regional, and national activities in support of enhancing safety, patient care and coordination of the medical transportation system.
- Provides oversight and responsibility for transport services, policies and procedures, evidence-based Emergency Medicine Services (EMS) standards of patient care, and compliance with the North Dakota Board of Health/Division of Emergency Medical Service standards of practice.
Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare field required; preferably in Nursing or Paramedicine. Master’s Degree in Business or Leadership desired. Prior experience in ground and air transport preferred. Professional certification in an EMS Related Discipline preferred. Minimum three years of leadership and management experience required; preferably leadership and supervisory experience in the EMS Industry.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Relocation expenses and up to one month of temporary housing
- Interview / Travel related expenses
- Wonderful and safe community – Fantastic schools, churches and one of the lowest crime rates in the US!
- Very affordable cost of living; active real estate market with a median home price of $222K
Email resume for immediate consideration or call Karen Hogan @ #210-651-4337 for more information.
For more information about our medical recruitment services, call Beck-Field and Associates, Inc. today.
Beck-Field & AssociatesBeck-Field Associates, Inc. is a medical recruitment agency specializing in the PERMANENT placement of physicians, registered nurses, and healthcare related staff. In spite of the tremendous growth over the past eighteen years, our motto, Large enough to meet your needs, but small enough to care, continues to hold true. Beck-Field has enjoyed great success due primarily to the creative and talented individuals comprising our sales team. On a daily basis, our physician and nurse recruiters provide quality medical recruitment services to hospitals, medical groups, physician offices, and other healthcare related organizations. For more information about our medical recruitment services, call Beck-Field and Associates, Inc. today.