The warehouse associate position performs custodial and facility maintenance work in a warehouse setting. Responsibilities may include janitorial, common area maintenance, recycling, and forklift operation duties throughout building interiors and/or exteriors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes furniture and light fixtures.
- Washes and replaces blinds.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees. .
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment. .
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications. .
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. .
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors. .
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment. .
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures. .
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created. .
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks. .
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems. .
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, by spreading snow melting chemicals. .
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties. .
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings. .
- Wipe down racks and bases with soap and water. .
- Vacuum under racks in designated areas. .
- Operate scrubber in and around all floor area. .
- Empty scrubber reservoir and replenish with cleaning solution. .
- Empty trash can and power wash trash cans. .
- Operate tug for recycled plastic and cardboard. .
- Operate recycle baler and load recycled bales onto truck. .
- Clean tug carts out at the end of each shift. .
- Sweep around all feed lines and balers. .
- Must be able to work flexible hours weekends and holidays. .
- Job assignments can vary from facility to facility with the possibility of transfer. .
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. .
- Job requires extended periods of walking and/or standing.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including AIDS and Hepatitis B Virus. The noise level is usually moderate. Occasional outdoor work exposed to dust, dirt, mud, cold and hot and inclement weather, insects and animals. All jobs are considered temporary in nature contingent on employees work performance and/or ability to meet the above requirements.
The physical demands described here present those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with arms and hands. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must lift/move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This may be either a full-time or part-time position, with varying days and hours. Weekend and overnight work is also necessary for some shifts.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma and/or GED.
Previous experience in a janitorial setting.