Renewables Project Estimator
Requisition ID: 274049
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Reston, VA
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; Mining & Metals, and the Manufacturing and Technology markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel is our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Prepare, review and present general and/or discipline (civil, mechanical, piping, electrical, construction distributable, services) estimates in Clean Energy (Solar, Wind and Storage) businesses. Responsible for conceptual estimating, cost analysis and estimate planning, coordination, and consolidation. Responsible for directing the cost estimate effort on a major project and/or multiple small projects. Performs department organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Provides direction to others on project/program level tasks.
The following duties are performed with respect to Estimate Execution, the process of conducting an evaluation of services and/or capital cost elements of a project or effort as defined by an agreed-upon scope that will be used to make key management decisions:
- Manages the development of estimates from inception to completion. Develops an obtainable estimate plan, inclusive of budget, and leads the estimating team in executing the estimate. Consolidates the estimate components and prepares the proposal internal review documents and bid forms.
- Reviews estimates and ensures quality and integrity. Ensures lessons learned are incorporated into the estimate.
- Manages proposal strategies with Proposal Management and joint venture partners as applicable.
- Prepares Estimate basis and assumption documentation.
- Reviews design or Request for Proposal (RFP) scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating basis when information is incomplete.
- Support supply chain bid evaluation of cost and schedule criteria. May participate in discussions with vendors.
- Leads team and performs contingency analysis.
- Prepares non-manual, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates, developing basis for temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools and equipment, non-manual staffing, startup services, payroll taxes and insurance, camp facilities and operation, and other field costs.
- Effectively presents estimate Management Review package to estimate team, department management and business line management. Schedules internal reviews.
- Prepares and provides guidance in the preparation of proposal cash flow models and working capital analysis.
- Performs and reviews escalation calculations.
- Assesses and integrates commercial terms and conditions into estimates.
- Identifies risk items and assigns risk levels to portions of the project work; identifies measures to mitigate risk.
- Evaluates productivity and develops probable construction cost based on crew craft productivity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, business management or related field OR minimum of 10 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Estimating or Project Controls.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present cost information to peers, management and customers.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with EPC estimating methods, processes, and procedures including the full range estimate classifications levels. Specifically understands detail level estimates and design packages. Experience with Lump Sum Design Build and/or OOM estimates.
- Understanding of cost index and escalation projections.
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques.
- Experience in management and coordination of major estimate, proposal efforts and/or project forecasts.
- Experience with civil/mechanical/electrical or construction indirect estimate development
- Experience with development of crew and equipment based estimating. Ability to perform productivity analysis of construction operations and verify results by staffing and crew analysis of work operations by craft.
- Experience with development of contingency and risk assessment models and tools.
- Ability to Travel
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through five global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; Mining & Metals; and Manufacturing & Technology. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bechtel employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or show proof of a negative test result prior to accessing Bechtel sites/facilities to the extent required by applicable law or by customer requirements.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.