# Requisition ID: 223872
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical/leadership challenges in the process design of Petrochemical projects. This is a SME level position for the petrochemicals technologist for the products listed below in the JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS.
# Job Description:
- Participate in proposal efforts and assisting Business Development in preparation of ITB deliverables.
- Determine engineering scope and set up an engineering work plan for the discipline on complex projects for FEED and EPC phases.
- Manage teams of process engineers and be responsible for the delivery of project deliverables (PFDs/UFDs, HMB, equipment sizing, selection and specification, PSVs and flare system sizing and specification, etc.) within the agreed man-hour budgets and schedules.
- Maintain the technical quality of all process deliverables issued on the project.
- Manage and lead complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, licensors, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
- Understand multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
- Lead an area design team up to 15 engineers in the execution of complex projects.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering is required as minimum.
- 20+ years of Process Engineering experience in EPC and/or operating industry, with minimum 10 years in recent grass-root design/revamp of any or all of the following product technologies: VCM (Vinyl Chloride Monomer), Vinyl Acetate, UOP LD Parex and Toluene Methylation.
- Design experience in any of the above product technologies. Knowledge and/or design experience for one or more of the following units:
- VCM (Vinyl Chloride Monomer)
- Vinyl Acetate
- UOP LD Parex (Paraxylene)
- Toluene Methylation
- Proven work experience in sizing and evaluating equipment in the furnace, cold and hot fractionation areas.
- Experience with process configuration and optimization studies to increase product yield, reduce utility consumption (steam, power, cooling water) and reduce/mitigate flare loads.
- Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation.
- Good oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.
- PE registration preferred.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.