# Requisition ID: 222224
# IT Administrator
We are looking for a team member that will collaborate openly and has proficient oral and written communications skills. As a member of our IT team, you will have the opportunity to be engaged in a wide variety of IT-related work. This will include maintaining both Windows and Linux-based systems, providing user support and troubleshooting efforts, and researching and recommending creative methods and solutions for system administrative, networking, and other IT-related tasking.
You will have the opportunity for hands-on access across a variety of infrastructure segments simultaneously, including compute, networking, and storage provided by a variety of vendor solutions including NetApp, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper, Exfo, HP, Dell, SUSE, Google, and others. This is not the typical trouble-ticket-based systems/network administration position, but instead requires the orchestration of many different skill sets across the spectrum of IT solutions to effect significant modernization while ensuring highly reliable service.
This position will be located in both Columbia and Frederick, MD.
# Responsibilities of the IT Administrator include:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Experience building, patching, and maintaining servers, both physical and virtual.
- Provide system support services for Virtual Machines (VM's) and images using virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, Docker, KVM, OpenStack).
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software, and software configurations.
- Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test, and maintain numerous types of network devices, interfaces and technologies.
- Resolve complex network problems and operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators.
- Draft technical requirements, configuration management, and planning documentation.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures.
- Provide support to users to help troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- You must possess an active Top Secret or TS SCI security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology from an accredited university with six (6) years' experience relevant to Information Technology OR twelve (12) years' work experience relevant to Information Technology in lieu of degree.
- Salary and grade commensurate with experience.
- 2 years of systems administration experience working with Windows, UNIX, Linux, virtualization, containers, orchestration, configuration management, and configuring/maintaining Active Directory and DNS.
- 1 year of experience with Linux systems in the areas of system administration, package management, troubleshooting, and integration.
- 1 year of experience with virtualization, including VMware applications.
- 1 year of experience with server operations including Windows Server 2008 and 2016.
- Security+ Certified.
- Experience with backup and restore operations, including Backup Exec.
- Demonstrated experience with datacenter-class network switch and firewall troubleshooting.
- Experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as Windows Batch scripting, Bash scripting, PowerShell and Python.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.