Dock and Logistics Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
· Supervise and coordinate the orderliness of passengers, vehicles, and freight on the dock and maintain the cleanliness of dock area, enforcing company policy as required.
· Coordinate the delivery of freight to the dock; unload and prepare the freight for transport to Beaver Island; adequately identify and package freight items. Allow for “worst case” weather conditions (check with Captain).
· Discuss anything unusual with the Captain and note on the Captain’s log.
· Cheerfully greet all vehicles and customers arriving in the dock area and direct them as necessary.
· Coordinate and maintain the work/supply list, including placing orders and scheduling repairs for company boats, building, dock and equipment.
· Provide recommendations on policy, rates, schedules and any other aspect of company operations.
· Be familiar with company Mission Statement and use it to guide policy and conduct in all operations.
· Be familiar with Beaver Island and all aspects of the Company to effectively answer phones, take reservations, or answer questions asked by public.
· Coordinate the loading and unloading of passengers, vehicles and freight with Captain and assist where possible.
· Coordinate all dock/boat operations with office personnel to ensure they are informed of delays, changes, etc.
· Control /secure luggage rack. Manage the loading and unloading of freight onto the rack.
· Familiarize self with and follow all safety and security policies.
· Follow all Company Personnel Policies and Procedures.
· Packaging, shipping, fork truck operation, and dock operations experience.
· Customer Service experience. Comfortable and personable in dealing with people. Able to effectively represent the Beaver Island Boat Company. A “self starter” able to be flexible and innovative in solving complex customer requests. Interested in the self satisfaction derived from successfully carrying out required/diversified responsibilities in a small company.
· Diplomatic in working with multiple company terminals/docks and vessel personnel.
· Basic business knowledge; understanding of concepts of responsibility, authority and accountability; as well as purchaser/supplier relationships; profitability; and business ethics.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Beaver Island Boat CompanyWhy Work Here?
Jump on Board with our crew, positions on the Island and in Charlevoix. If you have questions please call.
We have a variety of positions available for the 2021 or 2022 season and the possibility of fulltime 9 month and year round employment. If your interested in working on the water or maybe transitioning to living on an Island, lets talk!
103 BRIDGE PARK DRCharlevoix, MI
TravelView all jobs at Beaver Island Boat Company