Lift Operations Training Specialist - $21 per hour
- $21 Hourly
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Starting Wage: $21 per hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20 per hour.
Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time, Year Round (10-month)
As member of the leadership team The Training Specialist is responsible for facilitating training in compliance with Beaver Creek Lift Operations standards. As the first point of contact for employee development, the Training Specialist will be responsible for providing a high level of service to employees for continuous learning. This position will be a key resource for staff, consulting with them in the most effective use of all talent development programs and processes. This position will also be responsible for the implementation/delivery of development programs and skills based training.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of employee training programs and talent development processes to all levels of employees. Including but not limited to new employee training, ongoing skills based training and Leadership Development.
- Provides guidance, feedback and coaching to employees in the talent development processes. Ensures that our leaders understand and utilize the talent development tools and resources available for consistent training.
- Tracks progress and performance of staff throughout season
- Responsible for the administration of programs within the curriculum. This will include training calendar administration, facility and materials administration and documentation of training.
- Evaluates processes, identifies, and recommends opportunities for efficiencies, executes on recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent-
- 1-3 years Lift Operations or other mountain operation experience
- Excellent communication in English both written and verbal
- Teaching or Facilitator Experience
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience successfully leading and implementing change
- Must be able to influence colleagues above and below current level
- Team Player
- Strong Organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work the entire length of the season
The budgeted range starts at $21. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 447610
Beaver Creek Ski ResortBeaver Creek, CO
EducationView All Beaver Creek Ski Resort Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.