Cosmetology Instructors must be able to teach students the assigned courses of the program, both theory and practice portions. They are required to perform periodic evaluations of students in the form of coursework and exams. It is also crucial that you monitor students in the labs/clinics and make sure that safety and sanitary practices are being followed. You must teach to all levels of student abilities, adjusting subject matter as required. In addition, instructors are to project a professional image at all times to students and guests. Instructors also attend faculty meetings and program review meetings as scheduled. Finally, you must be comfortable offering constructive feedback to students to help them improve and keep them encouraged with engaging activities. Instructors must also be familiar with the school policies and procedures as found in the School Catalog and make sure they are being met by their students.
- Licensed in the state of Florida.
- Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish).
- 2 years minimum experience.
- Good instruction and communication skills.
- Ability to keep students encouraged and motivated in their program.
- Capable of completing office paperwork as necessary.
- Full-time or Part-time.