- Candidates should be board eligible/board certified in pediatric neurology with additional fellowship in neuromuscular medicine
- Must have a strong interest in medical student and resident education
- Seeking candidates who have good interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
- Successful candidates will be appointed to the faculty of Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation is very competitive and includes salary plus additional clinical incentive.
- Full executive benefits include 20 days vacation and 10 days CME time, annual CME fund, 403b and pension.
- This position includes an academic appointment at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine and shared teaching responsibilities for the pediatric residency program, ACGME adult neurology residency program, medical students, and a pending child neurology residency program.
About the Department:
- Pediatric, Transition, & Adult multidisciplinary neuromuscular MDA accredited & supported care center.
- Active Level 4 (NAEC accredited) epilepsy surgery program with 5 pediatric epileptologists and full state of the art outpatient and inpatient capabilities available 24/7.
- Well-established and supported subspecialty programs including neuromuscular, epilepsy, NIOM, neurophysiology, sleep medicine, neurodevelopment/neonatal neurology, headache, neurogenetics, movement disorders, & neuropsychology.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with a generous incentive potential based on clinical productivity and contributions to our tripartite mission of excellence in clinical care, teaching and scholarship.
About Beaumont Children's
- Beaumont Children's Hospital is the prime affiliate of Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Beaumont Children's is the hub of the 8 hospital Beaumont Health system (3,500 beds, 18,000 newborns, 85,000 pediatric ER visits, 196 pediatric beds).
- Beaumont is opening a *NEW* MEG center within the next 12 months under the leadership of our MEG director who serves on the ACMEGS board of directors.
- Clinic and administrative offices are currently located in the outpatient neuroscience center that opened July 2014, and will be moving up to a new 3rd floor expansion of >18,000 square feet by 2020 due to growth.
- Clinical trials for neuromuscular medications and gene therapy with excellent pediatric clinical RN support
About the Geographical Area:
- Our facility is located in Royal Oak (SE Michigan), near Detroit and Ann Arbor in a largely suburban setting.
- The region is known as a superb location for families, with excellent schools, recreational opportunities and low cost of living!