- The position would include typical inpatient and outpatient responsibilities.
- Additional subspecialty training/fellowship within pediatric neurology is welcomed, especially headache, epilepsy, sleep, or neuromuscular, but not required.
- Excellent support for clinical research is available but dedicated clinical research is not required.
- Candidates should have completed residency and fellowship at strong tertiary or quaternary pediatric neurology centers.
- Candidates should have a commitment to excellence in patient care and clinical education.
- Candidates should be board eligible/board certified in pediatric neurology and have a strong interest in medical student and resident education.
- We seek candidates who have good interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidates will be appointed to the faculty of Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with a generous incentive potential based on clinical productivity and contributions to our tripartite mission of excellence in clinical care, teaching and scholarship
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, wRVU basis, earn quality and productivity incentives
- Benefits: Executive benefits including malpractice, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and retirement
The division of pediatric neurology includes:
- 9 pediatric neurologists
- 1 pediatric neuropsychologist
- 6 pediatric nurse practitioners
- 9 pediatric neurology & epilepsy RNs
- 2 dietitians
- 1 pediatric neurogenetics counselor
- A recently renovated 5 bed pediatric epilepsy monitoring unit and control room are open 24-7
- Beaumont is opening a *NEW* MEG center within the next 12 months under the leadership of our MEG director who serves on the ACMEGS board of directors.
- Beaumont Health System recently merged with two regional systems which now includes 8 hospitals, 17,000 newborns, over 3500 inpatient beds, and hundreds of outpatient sites.
- Clinic and administrative offices are currently located in the outpatient neuroscience center that opened July 2014, and will be moving up to a new 3rd floor expansion of >18,000 square feet by 2020 due to growth.
About the Peds Neurology Program:
- The division includes an exceptionally active, level 4 (NAEC accredited) epilepsy surgery program with 4 pediatric epileptologists and full state of the art outpatient and inpatient capabilities available 24/7.
- With all servicing well-established subspecialty programs of epilepsy/NIOM, sleep medicine, neuromuscular, neurodevelopment, headache, neuropsychology, & neurogenetics.
About the Geographical Region:
- Royal Oak is known as a superb location for families, with excellent schools, recreational opportunities and low cost of living!
Visit our website at www.beaumont.edu/childrens or www.beaumont.edu.
Check out Beaumont - Royal Oak facts and figures here!