District Office Secretary/Receptionist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under general supervision, provide clerical and secretarial support for the assigned service area. Will rotate through the Bear River Health Department (BRHD) District - which includes the Logan, Brigham and Tremonton offices. See Summary of Duties.
Minimum Qualifications ( Education and Experience)
Completion of high school or GED plus at least one (1) year of office related experience
Successful completion of one (1) year of study above the high school level in a resident business or secretarial school, junior college or college.
Minimum Qualifications (Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Have good written, verbal, and public communication skills;
- Have strong, efficient and detailed organizational skills;
- Have a working knowledge of computer programs including, word processing, spreadsheets, and the Internet;
- Understand and follow instructions;
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Be able to work independently on a day-to-day basis;
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure - Meet deadlines;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain cooperative working relationships with clients, co-workers, administrators, and business partners;
- Interact professionally with the public/community;
- Be able to type accurately at a minimum rate of 40 wpm and Ten-Key;
- Follow office policies and procedures;
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and information.
- Be able to pass a full background check and drug screening;
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Utah Driver License at the time of employment;
- Be able to provide your own transportation;
- Be able to lift 30 pounds and be able to perform strenuous activities requiring flexibility and stamina, and overall general good health;
- Have a flexible schedule and be available for scheduled work in the evenings and/or weekends and holidays as the job requires.
Summary of Duties (Generic)
- Help to keep the day-to-day operation of the reception area flowing smoothly;
- Perform general office duties such as data entry, greeting/checking in clients, scheduling appointments, collecting payments, balancing deposits, and preparing office mailings;
- Perform filing, faxing, scanning, and creation of daily reports;
- Answer multi-line phones, respond to inquiries, and direct calls to various service areas;
- Maintain records, files, and registers according to standard operating procedures;
- Maintain inventories and other supplies. Distribute material and supplies to staff;
- Attend all relevant training;
- Attend staff meetings and prepare meeting minutes when requested;
- Respond to public health emergencies as required;
- Provide back-up support for other offices as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bear River Health Department
AddressBrigham City, UT
Get fresh District Receptionist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.