Assistant Construction Superintendent
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
SUMMARY: Bear Real Estate Group/Construction Management Associates, Inc. (CMA, Inc.) is hiring an Assistant Construction Superintendent to handle needs for its regional projects. The position requires an understanding of various project management skills. This person should be able to assist with overseeing the day-to-day activities of the entire project as it relates to the construction of new wood framed apartment buildings, everything from site work to building turnover. The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for all functions of the job site as it relates to day-to-day on-site construction activities. They need to be able to manage the project from site development through occupancy while monitoring job costs and construction quality. The assistant superintendent will work alongside the onsite senior superintendent each day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan and direct construction activities of the Subcontractors, Labors, and other staff as assigned
· Responsible for construction and presentation of the project in a timely manner
· Scheduling of all subcontractors
· Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise.
· Monitor project to ensure it is built per plans and specifications.
· Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies` regulations
· Monitor site cleanliness
· Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment
· Work with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed
· Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility
· Prepare punch-list audit for each project and ensure that all punch-list items have been completed prior to customer orientations/occupancy
· Manage project close-out and final documentation
· 3+ years of solid hands-on experience with a GC or with a developer
· Knowledge of local Building Codes is required
· Knowledge of Project Management Scheduling Software
· Knowledge with Excel based Project budgets
Awesome place to work, growth and development encouraged, family oriented, a people place.
Bear Real Estate Group and affiliated companies (www.BearHomes.com, www.BearDevelopment.com, www.CMAofWI.com, www.BearProperty.com, www.BearRealty.com) is a dynamic and growing vertically integrated real estate firm located in Kenosha WI. From our base in Kenosha (located between Chicago and Milwaukee on Lake Michigan) we develop, build, lease and manage a diverse portfolio of residential and commercial real estate. Bear’s current portfolio extends to 16 states and we are actively pursuing bright and energetic team members to assist in expanding our local and national footprint. Although our company’s roots date from 1924, Bear is rapidly expanding and looking for candidates that can thrive in a creative and entrepreneurial environment. Our employees have the opportunity to take on new challenges, gain new skills and work with an incredible team. Bear’s people are our greatest assets and because of that we choose to promote from within the firm whenever possible.
Bear Real Estate GroupKenosha, WI
WebsiteView All Bear Real Estate Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.