Deputy Chief Compliance Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer
Beal Bank, founded by D. Andrew Beal includes two partner banks, Beal Bank and Beal Bank USA. The Beal headquarters are located in Plano, Texas and house the bank operations and affiliate companies. The Beal family of businesses seeks a Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer to work in partnership with the Chief of Compliance aligning the compliance strategies. The Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer maintains responsibility for compliance oversight at Beal Bank and Beal Bank USA in addition to the Banks' parent company, Beal Financial Corporation. The incumbent will provide input and advice to operating staff for both Banks as well as affiliates and subsidiaries to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies, as well as collaborating and assisting in administering the Banks' outsourced internal audit program
The Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer is a subject matter expert in a broad array of federal and state regulations which relate to bank safety and soundness, conduct of business, and consumer protection. The individual also has a role in preparations for regulatory examinations and inspections, including responding to informational requests during on-site regulatory reviews. The Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer assists with coordinating licensing requirements for the Banks, affiliates, and subsidiaries with appropriate in-house and other counsel.
The Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer and responsible for coordinating and monitoring day-to-day Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering compliance. The Deputy Chief Compliance and BSA Officer is also charged with managing all aspects of the BSA/AML compliance program, including managing the bank's compliance with BSA regulatory requirements. The incumbent will implement policies, procedures, and systems to ensure comprehensive know your customer (KYC) standards, customer identification programs (CIP), customer due diligence (CDD) processes, and suspicious activity monitoring and reporting (SARs) as well as maintain responsibility for managing and gathering materials for BSA/AML audits and examinations. The position may include other duties as directed by the Chief of Compliance.
This is an on-site (non-remote) position based at our Plano, TX headquarters location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily review of BSA reports and large cash transaction reports, kiting suspects, etc., for the purpose of detecting suspicious activity.
- Daily review and submission of CTRs and perform annual review of CTR exempt customers.
- Create, review, and submit SARs and document SARs considered but not filed.
- Daily track, review, and archive CIPs and Beneficial Ownership documentation.
- Daily designate risk-rating on new accounts and perform quarterly reviews of high-risk account statements.
- Assist with annual policy review for Board Approval.
- Perform annual risk assessment reviews for Board Approval – BSA/OFAC/MRB.
- Participate in BSA training on an ongoing basis.
- Annually develop and implement BSA/AML staff training/new hire training.
- Advise Senior Management and bank personnel of emerging BSA/AML/KYC/CIP trends and BSA Compliance issues.
- Supervise 314(a) list reviews and responses. Maintain and audit the review tracking log.
- Gather information for audits and exams and assist throughout the process. Respond to findings.
- Organize and maintain computer documentation of the above and retain according to retention schedules.
- Make recommendations to supervisor about methods to improve BSA processes.
- Work with customers, auditors, examiners, and senior officers/directors of the bank in a manner that will enhance the overall compliance function and create a positive image of the bank.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, risk, and devise appropriate controls and other mitigation.
- Provide reports regarding to the Banks' senior management and Boards of Directors.
- Undertake continuous learning and self-study to stay abreast of changing regulations and emerging issues.
- Work with other internal units, as appropriate, to design and deliver compliance education for new and existing employees.
- Work collaboratively with the Legal Department and outside counsel, as necessary.
- Respond to customer complaints forwarded by regulatory authorities and legislators.
- All other duties assigned by Manager.
- Five to seven years’ of financial institution compliance experience.
- A minimum of two to three years of recent experience as a BSA Officer or BSA Assistant.
- Knowledge of banking processes, products and regulations.
- Organization and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong, distinct, and professional communication in verbal and written skills.
- Present a professional image in speech and conduct.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree required; Juris Doctor or graduate degrees preferred; industry certifications (CRCM, ACAMS) preferred, or relevant work experience to sit for certification exams
*No relocation assistance provided.
Beal is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Notice to California Residents: Beal Bank, Beal Bank USA, Beal Service Corporation, or Beal Nevada Service Corporation (also d/b/a CSG Investments, Inc.) may collect personal information about you as part of the job application or employment process. Please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Policy at www.bealbank.com/CCPA-Policy for details
Beal Service Corporation
Get fresh BSA Compliance Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.