Accounting Manager - Securities
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accounting Manager - Securities
Beal Bank is actively seeking an Accounting Manager - Securities to join our dynamic and solutions-oriented accounting team. As one of the most successful privately held financial institutions in the country, Beal Bank and its affiliated entities have a unique and counter-cyclical business model that is constantly evolving.
Successful candidates for our Accounting Manager - Securities role will be individuals that work best in environments that are fast-paced, and that have a hands-on approach to leading and mentoring a small team. Our unique model translates to an equally unique portfolio of assets and securities that are generally far from what you might associate with a normal, “boring” bank. If you feel like you have top-tier technical skills and experience for the role but have never lead a team before, then don’t let that stop you from applying - let’s talk! We all start somewhere, and as an institution we take pride in having an environment where new opportunities are often there for the taking and our best team members are those who took those opportunities along the way.
This on an on-site (non-remote) position based at our Plano TX headquarters location.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the accounting practices, internal controls and financial analysis and reporting for all securities
- Mentor and provide hands-on expertise to members of the accounting team, as well as develop process efficiencies and improvements
- Review all aspects of the accounting cycle, including data entered into the securities subledger, resulting journal entries, balancing, reconciliation and reporting of financial results
- Prepare monthly foreign currency workbooks
- Review monthly income snapshot before final close
- Review and document financial statement variances for the securities financial line items
- Prepare quarterly cash flows for investments
- Review quarterly securities board reports
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing expertise and assisting with strategic planning for securities accounting
- Develop and implement process improvement for maximum productivity while managing risk and ensuring that proper controls are present and effective
- Maintain and update key accounting controls for securities
- Oversee process for monthly securities eliminations and adjustments at the Holding Company
- Review and oversee the monthly process of updating and maintaining the internal securities reporting database (Challenger)
- Train personnel on Challenger database functionality and capability
- Work with CAO to establish new standardized reporting utilizing Challenger across all portfolios, including board reports, call report schedules
- Collaborate with VP and CAO along with technical accounting team to implement procedural changes in conjunction with new accounting guidance, new asset purchases or evolving reporting requirements
- Work with other accounting managers to develop processes and reporting changes required for RBO bank requirements
- Study and review accounting accretion methods for all securities to ensure continuous alignment with GAAP principles
- Assist VP with projects and ad-hoc assignments as requested
- Serve as key member of securities system upgrade team
- Coordinate internal and external audit requests and review of data preparation
- Assist VP and eventually take over coordination of daily asset purchase activity including tracking of new trades and related cash movement, tracking of transactions from trade execution through settlement, and perform safekeeping reconciliation and daily communication with trade desk
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 6-8 years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a bank or financial institution
- Working knowledge of securities and related accounting activities, with experience in both process and people management
- Experience with TPG or comparable investment subledger
- Proficient in Excel; familiar with vlookup, power pivot, sql queries
- Working knowledge of GAAP and RAP principles, especially as they relate to investment securities
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong analytical, operational, organizational and interpersonal aptitude
- Capable of thinking analytically and creatively with strong initiative, confidence and drive to achieve results without explicit direction or detailed instruction
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels of seniority and across all functions within the organization
- Strong track record of motivating and developing personnel to achieve common goals
- Experience with training, mentoring and coaching personnel
- Positive leadership style, ability to work effectively under pressure
*No Relocation Assistance Offered
Beal is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Notice to California Residents: Beal Bank, Beal Bank USA, Beal Service Corporation, or Beal Nevada Service Corporation (also d/b/a CSG Investments, Inc.) may collect personal information about you as part of the job application or employment process. Please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Policy at www.bealbank.com/CCPA-Policy for details.
Beal Service Corporation
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accountant Banking jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.