An engineer that spans between manufacturing process and system controls. Has a broad and deep understand of manufacturing, engineering documentation, automation and process development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A hands-on engineer, responsible for project manager and execution for NPI, process and product development activities.
- Responsible for the manufacturing documentation, prints, BOM, finish specifications, etc. Both in the ERP system and use in the manufacturing facility.
- Support of PPAP process (include control plans, first article inspection, FMEA, etc.) for external customers and internal process improvements.
- Understands internal and external costs, works with supplier on prototype of new production volume quotes
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (engineering, quality, operations). Experience with metal forming, component fabrication or assembly preferred.
- Strong project management skills with proven track record and expanding manufacturing experience, job knowledge and project oversight.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and business processes (ECOs, RMAs, MRB management, etc.) and proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Understands and uses ISO policies and procedures required. Experience working in, or the qualification of IATF strongly preferred.
- Sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines daily, while being highly accountable to internal and external commitments.
- Self-driven individual that can provide leadership around product quality within the organization.
- Mechanical engineering preferred.
- Experience with of 3D drawing programs, Solidworks preferred
- Working knowledge of CNC and CAM programming.
- Expertise in use of comparator, micrometer, Keyence and other inspection equipment.
- Experienced in manufacturing troubleshooting. Tooling knowledge preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Reports directly to the Director of Engineer.
- Communicates and interacts with other employees as required.