As a full-time Driver at Beacon, you’ll work close to home and have your nights and weekends free.
You’ll travel locally to deliver building materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations.
A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must! Experienced, safety conscious, and customer-focused drivers encouraged to apply!
What can I expect?
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Time Off Plus Holidays
- Potential for training and certifications on an as needed basis
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Participants in the proper unloading of Drywall Materials and staging throughout the job site(s).
- Guide helper(s) to ensure safe unloading
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- CDL Class A driver license in good standing
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- 12 months of prior and verifiable commercial driving experience
- Should be comfortable driving a manual transmission truck and operate heavy equipment for unloading
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly throughout the day as we will load/unload the materials by hand and via heavy equipment
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ideal candidate will always put safety first and will always wear appropriate PPE
- Should prefer working in a team environment but be comfortable working on independent tasks
- Experience handling building materials or drywall materials
- Forklift experience
- Knuckle Boom and/or Moffett experience highly preferred
Beacon is a leading provider of commercial and residential roofing, siding, windows, decking, insulation, specialty lumber, waterproofing, and air barrier systems to the North American building industry. Leveraging a network of trusted regional construction suppliers, we have supported contractors who rely on us to run their businesses for nearly 100 years.
Our team of more than 8,000 employees throughout North America works to ensure contractors have immediate, local access to the building supplies and roofing products they need, exactly when they need them. Through strategic investments in new technology and an ever-expanding network of locations throughout the United States and Canada, we help contractors save time, manage work more efficiently, and enhance their businesses.