Beacon Resources Ventura County, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Beacon Resources, in partnership with our Southern California client, seeks a Tax Accountant for a period of three to four months. This role is FULLY REMOTE and a unique opportunity to work at a company that truly lives by their core values. You will join a team of impressive, pedigreed leaders in this newly created role, with access and influence at the highest level of the company.
Job - The Tax Accountant will support several managers to work on tax preparation, tax planning, and tax compliance. You will report to a Director of Tax Compliance.
Culture/Environment - The company is at the forefront of R&D in its industry and embraces diversity, new ideas and creativity with passionate and dedicated employees who balance their passion and work ethic with fun.
Compensation – Starting hourly rate begins at $50/hour and increases depending on qualifications.
TAX ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
Corporate Tax Preparation and Filing Work
- Calculate federal tax returns for the following entities: Sub S Corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, and LLC’s
- Complete the timely filing of all required business licenses and environmental tax returns
- Prepare year-end tax provision work papers
- Support the tax planning process, including schedules and pro forma tax financial statements
- Prepare any tax filing extension requests
- Complete the Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) filing requirement
- Double check balance sheets for correct tax liability to each state
- Look at asset, revenue, and liability accounts set up by the company for each state
- Determine proper amount to pay the property's assessed value and state/local property tax rate (mill levy)
Tax Preparation and Research
- Research all relevant tax issues
- Prepare position papers on numerous changes to tax law
- Handle all tax audit issues that might arise
- Assist in implementation of new tax software
- Accept all other ad-hoc duties as needed
TAX ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus or equivalent-level of work experience
- At least three (3) years of work experience as a tax accountant dealing with corporate, property, and sales tax returns, especially on California Property Tax returns, Sub-S Corporations, and partnership tax
- Big 4-or Tier 2 accounting firm pedigree
- International tax experience
- Multi-entity tax experience
TAX ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Strong analytical experience
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Superior organizational skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with tax programs such as CCH, RIA, or ProSystems
- Expert-Level experience in an ERP program
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.