Beacon Resources, in partnership with an entertainment company based near Burbank, seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join an entertainment company in West Los Angeles.
Job – You will assist in the formulation of the overall corporate budget, Long Range Plan (LRP), and the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), for analyzing financial data, and provide reports to upper management. You will report to the CFO.
Culture/Environment - The hired candidate will be sharp, driven, and creative, be able to handle a fast-paced environment, and produce a high quality work product. You will get to be at a company with a broad range of business prospects and an exciting mix of creative talent.
Salary/Compensation – Salary range starts at $70,000/year, and increases DOE.
DUTIES OF THE SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Model and budget on a periodic basis (Annual Budget, Long Range Plan (LRP), Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Forecast trends for the upcoming year
- Prepare monthly financial reports to compare actual and budgeted/forecasted figures (i.e. variance analysis)
- Support accountants in their close of the month-end accounting books
- Review trial balance
- Generate financial reports
- Assist in preparing journal entries
- Provide audit support to outside parties
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or work equivalence
- At least three (3) years of finance and/or accounting experience
- Entertainment industry experience
SKILLS OF THE SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
- Advanced-level MS Excel skill set (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF formulas)
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Superior communication skills
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
For immediate consideration, email your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence