- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
- Lead and mentor Staff Accountant(s) to insure adherence to all corporate policies and legal requirements.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to gain efficiencies
- Assist in month-end closing and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Analyze month end and quarter end accrual balances to determine appropriate reserves in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Review journal entries necessary to provide an accurate accounting of the corporation’s financial position.
- Analyze financial statements to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes to summarize and interpret the current and projected financial position of the company. Communicate these findings through written narratives and oral presentations to management.
- Coordinate and manage balance sheet reviews and other worldwide compliance activities.
- Assist with overall SOX compliance program for general accounting.
- Liaison between worldwide entities and headquarters to support GAAP, Compliance and company policy inquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of reporting packages, as required, to comply with corporate financial reporting requirements and statutory regulations.
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with company policy. Review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies, and reconciling items.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Document and coordinate the implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures and modify it as necessary.
- Submit recommendations for improving the company’s accounting processes.
- Special projects and create ad-hoc reports and analysis as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years related experience