Beacon Resources seeks a talented Senior Accountant or a Senior Staff Accountant to join a Consumer Packaging Goods (CPG) company in the Santa Clarita area of Los Angeles County, CA on an interim basis. There is a strong possibility that this role will go temp with the possibility of direct hire.
The company creates beauty-oriented products for consumers.
Job - This Senior Accountant will take ownership of the entire Accounting process. You will perform full-cycle accounting, managing all financial closes and reporting, ensuring correct journal entries and reconciliations, supervising payables/receivables, and working with the CPA firm on audit and tax matters. You will be reporting to an Accounting Manager.
Culture/Environment - Our client is a well-renowned organization in its field, with a wide range of cutting-edge health, beauty, and personal care products. The hired Plant Controller will need to be hands-on and be on the manufacturing floor on a frequent basis to interact with non-accounting professionals.
Compensation/Benefits – Starting hourly rate beings at $30/hour and increases DOE.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Perform all month-end closes (bank reconciliations, journal entry adjustments, support schedules)
- Produce all monthly financial statements to present to the accounting department
- Help audit the balance sheet
Finance and Financial Reporting
- Perform variance analysis
- Generate daily and monthly sales reports
- Generate KPI reports
- Assist in all payroll matters
- Lead the Accounts Receivable (A/R) process, including collection of due invoices, cash applications, and credit research
- Set up internal and external accounting controls (defining accounting policies and procedures, establishing internal controls, and manage external audits (sales tax, personal property tax, workers compensation, etc.)
- Review expense reports
- Maintain MS Excel schedules of prepaid and deferred expenses
Fixed Asset Accounting
- Maintain all fixed asset schedules
- Record all asset purchases (Initial Recordation), which includes buildings, furniture, fixtures, land, machinery, office equipment, and vehicles
- Record depreciation of assets in the G/L
- Record disposal of assets and record in the G/L
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three (3) years of substantive General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus or equivalent work experience
- Fixed Assets Accounting experience
- Experience in a Consumer Products Goods (CPG) company
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas) required
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and take ownership as the go-to accounting professional in the company
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
- Must have strong verbal and written skills
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.